JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello all,
Anyone ever shot or own a Savage 330 over and under shotgun...
These were made by Vamet and imported by savage in the late 60's through the 70's.
Did it work well ?
Are they any good?
I saw a pretty 20 gauge one today and was more than a little interested...
Thanks,
Andy

Hello all,
Anyone ever shot or own a Savage 330 over and under shotgun...
These were made by Vamet and imported by savage in the late 60's through the 70's.
Did it work well ?
Are they any good?
I saw a pretty 20 gauge one today and was more than a little interested...
Thanks,
Andy
Howdy Andy, My Savage 2400 is a combination gun version of the 330. I have owned it since 1977, it is one of my favorite guns. 308/12 gauge. My gun is finely finished with high quality wood. I have seen some 330's that didn't have the quality polish and blue but they all seemed to fit well. Many that I have seen do not have a vent rib and look a little strange to my eyes but there is nothing wrong with them. The action is similar to a Remington 32/3200 and a Krieghof. I have seen some great prices on them for what they are. Valmet does excellent metal work, you couldn't wear it out. The actions are finer than the Valmet 412, the design is similar but I am sure the parts are not interchangeable. Probably the best deal for a quality built over under in there day.

Andy; If the price is anywhere near being right, I would jump on it with both feet. I've had several of these come through my shop and a couple lasted long enough for me to get a chance to shoot them. I was very impressed. The 20ga. Guns are a real sleeper because everyone wants a 12ga.

Pass on it and you'll be kicking yourself!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top