JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
5.6×52mmR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaYour browser indicates if you've visited this link
The 5.6x52mmR cartridge was created by Charles Newton and produced by Savage Arms in 1912. It is also known as the.22 Savage High-Power and.22 "Imp", and is based upon the.25-35 Winchester cartridge necked down to accept a.227in/.228in diameter bullet. Its inherent accuracy, relatively high ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Savage_Hi-Power

Might try Old Western Scrounger
CIL used to load this,,,40 years ago. Seller and Ballot is the most recent producer Best bet is to cast the .227 bullets contact Lee for dies
"Norma still makes 22 Savage Hi Power ammo, but it is marked 5.6x52R, which is the european designation for the caliber. You can resize 30-30 or 25-35 brass with no trimming necessary. I just resized a bunch of 30-30 brass by first running it into a 25-35 die and then into the 22 Sav die, they usually come out with some wrinkles in the shoulder, but this is ironed out on the first firing.

Although the original cartridges were loaded with .227 bullets, you can use .224 bullets and they are sometimes more accurate than the larger dia ones.

You can go to the Savage Collectors forum and get all your questions answered:
Savage Collectors - 24hourcampfire"

5.6×52mmR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaYour browser indicates if you've visited this link
The 5.6x52mmR cartridge was created by Charles Newton and produced by Savage Arms in 1912. It is also known as the.22 Savage High-Power and.22 "Imp", and is based upon the.25-35 Winchester cartridge necked down to accept a.227in/.228in diameter bullet. Its inherent accuracy, relatively high ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Savage_Hi-Power

Might try Old Western Scrounger
CIL used to load this,,,40 years ago. Seller and Ballot is the most recent producer Best bet is to cast the .227 bullets contact Lee for dies
"Norma still makes 22 Savage Hi Power ammo, but it is marked 5.6x52R, which is the european designation for the caliber. You can resize 30-30 or 25-35 brass with no trimming necessary. I just resized a bunch of 30-30 brass by first running it into a 25-35 die and then into the 22 Sav die, they usually come out with some wrinkles in the shoulder, but this is ironed out on the first firing.

Although the original cartridges were loaded with .227 bullets, you can use .224 bullets and they are sometimes more accurate than the larger dia ones.

You can go to the Savage Collectors forum and get all your questions answered:
Savage Collectors - 24hourcampfire"

I had never heard of the .224 being used in place of the .227 in this Hi-Power but will try if I ever locate some dies. Also Midway USA has these in their inventory but are out of stock, naturally. Thanks for the info.

Have you shot this firearm, and how long have you owned it?
I like odd wildcat calibers, but until I win the big lotto, I can't afford to own these cool old guns.

eBay has this for sale.

Hornady IV 2 pc. Custom Grade New Dimension Dies .22 Savage Hi-Power 546240
Brand New! Reloading Equipment Just For The Gun Buff!
$_35.JPG

Seller information
ecop! (526795 ) aboutme-small.gif
99.7% Positive feedback
Follow this seller

Item condition:
New
Time left:
2d 03h (Sep 20, 2014 01:05:05 PDT)
Quantity:
5 available
List price: Buy it Now Price is: $77.77

A blast from the past, but still a very viable and available cartridge.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top