JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Jacksonville
State
Oregon
1-jpg.jpg

Savage 12FV-S .223; S/N M006XXX

New in Box

2-jpg.jpg

The bore has been seasoned with twenty three rounds of custom match grade hand loads. They are 70 grain Berger / match primers / 26 gr. Varget powder in new nickel RP cases.

Chambered in .223;

This example left the Savage factory in October 2000. Note the non-standard special order configuration. The barrel is a 24" stainless, non-fluted, extra heavy bull / button rifled, free-floating with a recessed crown. 1/9 rate of twist. It has a single shot action (no mag well), with a stainless bolt but with a blued bolt handle. It has a dual pillar bedded black synthetic stock. The trigger is "old school" as opposed to the "Accu Trigger" .

3-jpg.jpg

It was taken out of the box, checked for fit and finish, the bore was seasoned as noted, cleaned / oiled and put in the safe, where it's remained for the rest of it's life.

It is new in box with the exception of seasoning the bore as previously described.

541-821-8949

Please Note; This is a modern firearm and requires a background check and transfer through a licensed FFL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

PS; Am looking for a couple of items in close to as new condition that I would consider as partial trade;

1) Uberti 1875 Remington (army outlaw) 7 1/2" blued - not nickel

2) Marlin 39a .22 lr lever. Older production; ca. 1950's late ballard or early micro-groove barrel.

3) Marlin 27S chambered in 32-20 (32 WCF)

4) Remington Model 25 (either 25 or 32 WCF)

PS: 1) Don't bother texting - I can't receive or reply to them. I repeat - Do Not Text!
2) If the ad is still running, I still have it. Please don't waste either of our time asking if it's sold. If you see it, it is available.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
interested in a bull barrel heavy varmint
Winchester model 70 in .243

Attachments

• E8A4A6FF-25A1-46F8-B379-704427A9338C.jpeg
    E8A4A6FF-25A1-46F8-B379-704427A9338C.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 98
  • 18E1E13C-E461-4FE7-A17A-BBA69C20BFF4.jpeg
    18E1E13C-E461-4FE7-A17A-BBA69C20BFF4.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 106
Note; Mr. Smith. With regards to your question about the bbl contour during our phone conversation yesterday; I had to borrow a friends dial caliper after he got in from work last evening in order to get an accurate measurement. Tried to call you this AM with the results but phone just rang and no voicemail capability on your end. Bull barrel measures .835 diameter at the muzzle and 1.350 just in front of the bbl. nut at the breech.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.