JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering the purchase thereof. 223 1:7. Anybody own(ed) one? Selling my Stag Model 6. I want something a little easier to clean, and a little less AR'ish. Damned "Sandy Hook"! Sure is a beautiful gun! Does it shoot as good as it looks? Anyone know if it is compatible with a McRees Precision Compact chassis?

I bought one right after buying my 6H.The guy kept lowering the price until I couldn't resist.
Well as happens sometimes with me,I sold/traded it off not long after to a Navy sharpshooter team member.
he said ,just playing around with loads for another gun,he was well below 1MOA and figured he'd be where he wanted easily after making a load for the 12 itself.
So from his report it shoots as good as it looks.And I may buy another one if I find it.

Very encouraging. The stag is guaranteed to shoot 1/2 minute groups, and has proven capable of doing so. Don't want to take a step backward, ya' know? That Feinstein bill spooked me.

I have one of the Awesome Savage Model 12 VLP DBM's in .243 and I have a very hard time shooting groups with it. It seams almost impossible to shoot a nice easy to score group at 100 yards. Cause with all the holes touching and over lapping the way they do sometimes I get confused.

Now out at 200 I can usually find 3 out of the 5 holes easy enough.

Out to 500 yards it's much better they open up nice to about the size of a shinny silver dollar.

Its without a doubt the most amazingly accurate rifle I have ever shot right out of the box.

I put a Mueller 4-16 X 50mm Mil-Dot with lighted dot and target knobs on it. And its just awesome.

You work for Savage, Mark? John at SSC got you in his back pocket? That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Still using the stock that came on the rifle? Did you add a cheek pad/comb? 4-16x50 is probably what I'll put on there to start with. Wish I had the cake to spring for one of the Bushys with the DMR FFP reticle, though. Maybe if I'm a good boy....

No I'm still working on a endorcement deal. I bought my rifle at Wild Bills in Molalla about 3 weeks before they took a big jump in MSRP and I got it for $750.00.

Keep in mind the varmit series is the same basic action used in the Target models that are tearing up the F Class and Palma class long range shooting events. And the barrels are the same.

I'm very happy with the stock as is. I have a bit of a fat face and a full beard so I get a decent weld as is. I might put a wrap around cheek pad on it to see if I like it.

I will tell you one thing with a bid scope on it and a full mag your just under 12lbs without a sling. So it ain't no walking around rifle. But then why walk when you can send the bullet.

What are you using for a base/mount, Mark? Did your rifle come with anything other than the rifle? Case? Scope mount(s)? Guess I should have asked those questions of my favorite retailer before I placed the order. Still haven't decided for certain what I'm going to do for an optic, but I'm going to need something to hold it onto the rifle either way. One instance where JB Weld just isn't an option.

Jay

Picked my new Savage up yesterday. Haven't fired it yet, but I'm highly optimistic. The trigger feels great. The fit and finish are really good, especially on the stock. They could have spent a little more time on the bolt handle, but for a mass-produced rifle I can't complain. It came in much sooner than I expected, so I had to settle for some Weaver scope mounts that I picked up at Fisherman's for five bucks apiece. Have a one piece mount on the way, but I think I'll just mothball that until I can afford to put the Bushy Et6245FG on. For now it's a Bausch and Lomb 4-16x50. If anyone is interested, I'll get some pix posted in the next day or five.