JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
silly question then... if I, a WA resident, buy a long gun in OR (which I've done, twice) from a dealer, what sort of registry and record does Oregon keep on me... and is it keyed to the serial number/make/model, etc, of the gun? Interesting that WA trashes the record the next day.......

silly question then... if I, a WA resident, buy a long gun in OR (which I've done, twice) from a dealer, what sort of registry and record does Oregon keep on me... and is it keyed to the serial number/make/model, etc, of the gun? Interesting that WA trashes the record the next day.......

The FBI trashes them, Washington doesnt know about them(only handguns).

Oregon has a de-facto registration. Others will say I'm wrong, but that's "internet experts" talking.
All your info is in the OSP database and can be pulled up in a second anytime they like. I've seen it done personally.
serial number/make/model/your name/address/age/weight/race/city of birth/etc

Don't forget the good 'ole THUMBPRINTS they have on you too!

Those are retained by the FFL not the OSP.

The fact is that every firearm purchased through an FFL is "Registered"
I consider "Registration" is when.........if a gun is found at a crime scene, it can be traced to the owner (ie the person that bought it from the FFL) which it can.

So those spewing out the nonsense that one state has registration and another does not, are incorrect.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.