JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided to get on the Savage do it yourself bandwagon.
I have been playin around with this project for a few months now and am finally pretty much finished. I may end up matching the barrel to the action which I semi dark gray parked and possibly darkening the stock but this is pretty much it for now.
Specs:
Pawn Shop special 30-06 long action reciever re-barreled to a
260 Remington Caliber (6.5mm-08) (Just in case some of you are wondering why a long action for a short action cartridge? Well, it's not just because I can! It's because I handload and I want the freedom of seating my bullets out further toward the rifling/lands for potentially better accuracy while still being able the utilize the magazine.)
25 1/2" magnum sporter contour Mc Gowen match grade barrel.
Stainless Pillar Bedded in a custom (lengthened) Boyds thumbhole laminate stock that I specially clear coated.
S/S Supply COMPETITION trigger.
Xtra heavy stainless recoil lug.
Versa Pod sit down bipod.
Kick-Eez recoil pad.
Topped with a 6.5-20x44 Vortex Viper Scope w/ mil-dot

PA270205.jpg
PA270206.jpg

PA270220.jpg
PA270223.jpg
PA250194.jpg

Thanx for all the praise gents! I took her out last Saturday and torched off a few rounds but weather was wet and I left my chrony on the previous trip so it was dead and I had no spare battery. I made the best of it though and was able to send a few down range at 50 and 130 yds. It only took five rounds to make me content to proceed to the 130 and then I was a bit tickled coz all the 5 next holes were touching at that range. Not to bad for in the midst of a rainstorm shootin out of the back of my pickup with the bi pod. Under an inch with mild effort and the first loads I tried. BTW- the loads are built from necked down Lake City brass filled with 40 gr. of Hunter pushin 140 grn. Sierra GK's.(Very mild loads) I think she'll be a coyote killin machine!That is, the ones the stock don't scare off! hehehe! :s0112::s0114::s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top