JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a savage 110e in 30-06. It has a weaver 2 piece base and warn rings. I went to put a Leopold scope on it and the rings are too far apart. What am I supposed to do? I measured from ring to ring(outside) and it came out to 5 3/4" all of the Leopold and redfield scopes have a 5.6" mountable space. Any suggestions? Don't know if I should try to find a 1 piece base or a new scope with a longer tube. If I have to go 1 piece, is there a good brand of steel base? Don't know if I trust aluminum.

you just need an offset or long Weaver base to replace the rear base. Like on this page:

<broken link removed>

or this page if you have a flat top receiver

<broken link removed>

Had same issue, ordered a one piece from Midway. #413

Weaver Top-Mount Scope Base #413

Gave most "wiggle room" for all scopes, while not sacrificing too much $$

I know you said you don't trust aluminum.... this mount was about 3/8" thick at the max, and 1/4" minimum.

I secured it on the .243 and did a test or two to make sure it was on there. No deflections.

I'd need to see it to be sure, but you can probably turn the rear base around. Intruding into the bolt cut out shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's around a 1/4". That's exactly how my pre 64 Model 70 is.
Or, see if you can turn the front base around. That one I don't think I would want intruding into the bolt cut out, though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top