Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

savage 110e scope mounting

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by krivey, Jun 29, 2013.

1. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

I have a savage 110e in 30-06. It has a weaver 2 piece base and warn rings. I went to put a Leopold scope on it and the rings are too far apart. What am I supposed to do? I measured from ring to ring(outside) and it came out to 5 3/4" all of the Leopold and redfield scopes have a 5.6" mountable space. Any suggestions? Don't know if I should try to find a 1 piece base or a new scope with a longer tube. If I have to go 1 piece, is there a good brand of steel base? Don't know if I trust aluminum.

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

3. Mark W.

I found what I needed at a local Bi Mart I think it was a #46 base. I think the one I did was a round top.

4. krivey

I have a flat top rear and round front. Is the extended weaver 402 base for the front? The description doesn't say if it is for front or back.

5. Mark W.

If it is a flat top then it would fit the rear of your receiver. Since the front (barrel end) is rounded.

6. krivey

If the rear base is any longer it will protrude into the bolt cutout. The front rail has a half inch of area between the ring and bolt cutout.

7. Mark W.

so then you need one of the round bottom extended bases. Since the front of the receiver s round.

8. krivey

OK. So the back and front base have the same hole pattern, right? Thanks for the help

9. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

I have a Savage 111e and I just got the once piece Leopold base off of ebay and it works great for me.

10. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Had same issue, ordered a one piece from Midway. #413

Weaver Top-Mount Scope Base #413

Gave most "wiggle room" for all scopes, while not sacrificing too much $$

I know you said you don't trust aluminum.... this mount was about 3/8" thick at the max, and 1/4" minimum.

I secured it on the .243 and did a test or two to make sure it was on there. No deflections.

11. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'd need to see it to be sure, but you can probably turn the rear base around. Intruding into the bolt cut out shouldn't be a problem, especially if it's around a 1/4". That's exactly how my pre 64 Model 70 is.
    Or, see if you can turn the front base around. That one I don't think I would want intruding into the bolt cut out, though.