JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of a shop that carries the Savage 10PC in 308?

I'd like to take a look at one before purchase.

(Would also be interested in looking at a Savage 10FCP with the threaded barrel, but I think that might be hard to find.)

Thanks!

Sportsmans out on 82nd had a 10FCP with the precision stock when i was in there about 2 weeks ago, and Kieth's had the version with the McMillan Stock at the last expo show.....

I've got two, I love mine, but I ordered mine online and had them shipped to my FFL. I couldn't find any locally when I went looking, places seem to carry the FCP but not the PC.

Did you buy one of each caliber? I wish you were closer, I'd like to take a look at them.

I bought both in 308, one I left as is for deer hunting, the other I turned into a 260 for long range stuff. They are a little on the heavy side for such a short gun but they have a pretty heavy barrel on them too. The deer rifle might be converted over to 338 Federal with a lighter barrel. Both were accurate, the 308 shoots 5 shots into 3/4" with Barnes TTSX handloads, the 260 shoots into just under a half inch with a custom Pac-Nor barrel and Sierra 123 matchkings. My only real complaint is the accustocks fussiness. I like Savages because I like to tinker with different barrels but I had to find the right tension on the 3 action screws or they shot like crap. With a known good load I started at the minimum torque and worked my way up eventually settling for something just over their max recommendation. My groups went from over 3" :confused: down to less than a half :s0155: with the same load, only changing the tightness of the action screws. I don't know if it's just gossip but I have heard they are changing the accustock because of this issue. I go over to Savage Shooters forum once in a while and there are more reports of trouble than good things. Anything you want to know about them let me know, I'll be happy to answer what I can.

My intentions are to add a suppressor eventually. I found out that you can get the same rifle with a fluted threaded barrel, but it's threaded at the full length. I was considering chopping it between 16 and 18". So the question is, is it worth the money to have it cut and threaded for 2-4"? I'm kind of doubting it. But, if the price is about the same as the price difference between the two (around $100), then maybe I will.

Remember, this is all just speculation at this point. I haven't even held the rifle yet, so I don't even know if I'm going to buy it.

Is the accustock a problem with the original barrel?

I don't quite understand what you're asking.

In your previous post you talked about the fussiness of the accustock when you changed out your barrel. I understand that it's probably set at the factory with the original barrel, but it sounds like even more fine tuning can be done.

Bare with me; I've never used a rifle with the accustock. If it's more of a pain in the *** than it's worth, I'll have to consider other stock options.

In your previous post you talked about the fussiness of the accustock when you changed out your barrel. I understand that it's probably set at the factory with the original barrel, but it sounds like even more fine tuning can be done.

Bare with me; I've never used a rifle with the accustock. If it's more of a pain in the *** than it's worth, I'll have to consider other stock options.

If I had to do it again I would just go for a stock with an aluminum bedding frame and bed it. Seems some guys are having pretty good luck just removing the accuwedge, the part that pushes the recoil lug back into the aluminum skelton, and then having the rifle bedded. It's kind of a catch 22. How do you know how good your rifle is if you can't find the best load to see how good your rifle is?

I've got a model 10PC in .308 had to order mine from savage (left handed).
Set the stock screws to savage recommended torque and it shoots great I talked to the savage team shooters at Douglas ridge and that's the way they shoot their rifles.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top