JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so I just picked up a Savage 10FCP 24", semi fluted threaded barrel. It's has an accustock.
I was thinking of what I can (should) do to it.
Half thinking of leaving the accustock on it as I will probably use it for hunting at some point.
It has the bottom bolt release and I've been trying to look up bottom metal for it that will work with the bottom bolt release.

Anyone have one of these? If so what mods did you make, feel free to post pics.
Any one switch out the bottom metal for a better mag system?

congrats!!

id leave it and shoot it man. youre probably gonna love that rifle. i know i for sure love my savage rifles. model 11 in 308 and model 116 in 300wm both bone stock. accuracy is better than i can shoot.

love'm

I'm thinking that too. I'm going to put a muzzle break on it and I need to pick out a scope, then it's all range time.

Everything I've said said stocks are finicky and bottom metal is not worth it with reliability issues.

Only suggestion would be ditch the muzzle break and buy a suppressor for it. I know that is the one and only thing that I will probably do to my Tikka. It was a tough choice for me between the Savage and the Tikka when I made my purchase.

Yeah after seeing yours I looked really hard at the Tikka.

The suppressor is something I desperately want but that's if I buy that I'm going to have to shoot it without a scope, lol.

Baby steps!

What caliber did you get it in? I was looking at one in 6.5CM before I stumbled upon my 12 LRP in 6.5CM. I would leave it if I were you and get to know it before making any changes. Congrats on a great rifle!

Bottom metal can be found at Brownells and Midway USA. SWEET rifle, i have the older version of the same, and its a sweet shooter. Mine is .308.
There are many options for upgrades, many swap bolt handles, add the bottom metal and 10 round mag addition, and some change out the stock. I kept my stock, and stock bolt handle (factory over size) and added the bottom metal with acis mag adaptability that uses Mag-Pull P-Mags! Still haven't had the barrel thredded, but plan to at some point.

Congrats, a fine rifle!:)

I bought mine in .308 because I have an AR10 and a Remingtob VTR in .308 so I figured I would stick with the same ammo, However, the 6.5 was extremely tempting.
I try to keep my calibers as consolidated as possible.

Mine has the oversized stock bolt handle.
I'm sure the rifle as is will be far more accurate than I ever will be. So spending a bunch of money on stuff that may make the rifle more accurate for someone with a higher skill level may be a waste at this point.

I'm selling my truck and as soon as that goes I'm getting the scope and little bas tard break.

If for some reason it goes higher than expected I may opt for a supporessor, but I doubt it

I bought mine in .308 because I have an AR10 and a Remingtob VTR in .308 so I figured I would stick with the same ammo, However, the 6.5 was extremely tempting.
I try to keep my calibers as consolidated as possible.

Mine has the oversized stock bolt handle.
I'm sure the rifle as is will be far more accurate than I ever will be. So spending a bunch of money on stuff that may make the rifle more accurate for someone with a higher skill level may be a waste at this point.

I'm selling my truck and as soon as that goes I'm getting the scope and little bas tard break.

If for some reason it goes higher than expected I may opt for a supporessor, but I doubt it
if u ever wanted a 6.5 just swap your AR10 barrel ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top