JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Gently used and immaculate Savage 10 Scout in 7.62x39 topped with a Leupold 1.5x5 VX3 scope and Leupold QD rings. The scope is likewise immaculate and is mounted traditionally but I have the scout rail, factory peep sight and all screws. This rifle has the aluminum bedding block and accutrigger, currently set at 2.25 lbs. Overall weight with the scope is 7.5 lbs. The bore is a true .308.

I purchased this rifle for range use with cast bullets but acquired a modified Remington 1917 for modified military cast matches and lost interest in the scout. It shoots fine, of course, and I have about 20 rounds of factory and 40 rounds of cast downrange. It's been slumbering in my safe and I need to make room. A fine light hunting rifle with soft recoil and excellent ballistics for the deer hunter.

$825 in the Vancouver area.

20140813_152058.jpg

20140813_152117.jpg

20140813_152203.jpg

Last Edited:
The rifle shoots .311 jacketed fine, no issues with the throat. FWIW our standard for 100 to 300 yard CBA cast from a good bedded and floated rifle is 1-1.5 MOA with ten-round groups; this rifle will print American white box ammo into 3-round groups of 1.5 MOA or so, fine for hunting and casual target shooting. None of the usual production hunting rifles will do that for ten-round group shooting, which is why I lost interest.

The factory rail attaches atop the receiver and into the barrel with standard screws for a forward mount if desired. The factory rail mount and screws come with the rifle

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top