JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was OK. 3 Widgeon and a Shoveler. Got a bad start as in our rush to leave we forgot our waders LOL. After we got our blind, my son dropped me off and headed back for the waders. I got to the blind, tossed a dozen deeks out from the bank and waited. He had not made it back by shooting light and sure as heck the first Widgeon flew in and I dropped it. Retrieval was done in my long skivies o_O.

I've never hunted duck and am talking myself into it. My specific question is about what's needed to retreive ducks in sauvie's west area. ODFW seems clear it's the preferred area of sauvie, but is it huntable without a dog or boat? Are only some blinds huntable w/o dog or boat? Any info is helpful.

I'm also interested in what I don't know. As of now I plan on getting half a dozen decoys, face and hand covering, and using the waders, camo jacket, and 20 ga that I have. I'm used to the disappointment of deer hunting, what's the unexpected part of duck hunting?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top