JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I skip opening weekend, too many itchy trigger fingers. :s0131:

+1

After 15+ years hunting, last year was my first time going out on opening day, usually I work or skip it. I was watching a patch of timber next to a nice clear cut waiting for sun up when I heard some elk really chatting it up about 200 yards away. I left to go watch them for a bit and when I came back there was another guy sitting where I had been. After I saw him I started moving away to put some distance between us and just as I turned away he started shooting and shooting and shooting. After he stopped firing I started heading back to see if he needed any help. When I got over there he was standing on the side of the hill looking at a stump with a bunch of bullet holes all over it. "Thought it was a deer" It was a little foggy but mistaking a stump 75 yards away and blasting it ten times.:nuts:.. I only go out on weekdays anymore. I see more deer and way less people and like it that way.

I went out this morning and saw a big, huge, gigantic............nothing. Thought I had a good spot to watch and then hiked around for 5 hours. Saw nothing other than a bunch of guys driving around in circles waiting for me to chase a deer out to them.:huh:

I saw a bunch of cows and calves, then heard a bull bugle over the next ridge. Watched squirrels and birds. Listened to the "target" shooters. Spent 13 hours in the treestand. Beats the H-E-double toothpicks out of work any day!

I agree noworkjustfish. I got close enough for a shot on a little 3x3 this evening, but passed it up as it was borderline after shooting time. I'd rather have seen one and pass on a questionable shot, than still be out ther hoofing around after it if I'd not hit it clean.

Here's a couple of pics of the buck I got on Saturday. I was hunting the East Biggs unit on private land. Looks to me like he's a whitetail cross. He weighed 185# hanging carcass. Horns are pure whitetail and everything else is muledeer.

IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews