Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SAS soldier kills 3 isis members with gurkha knife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by clearconscience, Jul 5, 2016.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

A Gurkha and his Khurkuri can do wonderful things.

3. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

SAS are some bad men, Gave them a taste of their own medicine.

Joe13 likes this.
  4. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

Anybody wanna place bets about how long 'til Comrade Zero wants the whole SAS brought up on "War Crimes" for this "brutality" toward his terrorist butt-buddies?

Arleyg, Sstrand and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. SA Shooter

SA Shooter Hillsboro, OR Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

That's some BadAssery for sure!

If the SAS is smart they'll leave him in-theater until it's time for a normal rotation back to the UK.

Joe13 likes this.
  6. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

A kukri? What about a machine gun tripod?

Gurkha gets award as he killed Taliban with machinegun tripod-What a freaking stud
    June 05, 2011
    6a00d83452137a69e2014e88e7aad1970d-320wi.jpg

Ever heard of a Gurkha? Gurkhas are best known for their history in the Indian Army's Gorkha regiments, the British Army's Brigade of Gurkhas and the Nepalese Army. Former Chief of staff of the Indian Army, Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw, once famously said[3] about Gurkhas:

If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha.

Time for a Gurkha cigar!!!

From the article: Speaking about the actions which earned him the CGC, he said: 'At that time I wasn't worried, there wasn't any choice but to fight. The Taliban were all around the checkpoint, I was alone.

'I had so many of them around me that I thought I was definitely going to die so I thought I'd kill as many of them as I could before they killed me.

Most of the militants were about 50ft away from him, but at one point he turned around to see a 'huge' Taliban fighter looming over him.

The soldier picked up his machine gun and fired a long burst at the man until he fell off the roof.

When another insurgent tried to climb up to his position, the Gurkha attempted to shoot him with his SA80 rifle. But it did not work, either because it had jammed or because the magazine was empty.

He first grabbed a sandbag but it had not been tied up and the contents fell to the floor.

Then he seized the metal tripod of his machine gun and threw it at the approaching Taliban militant, shouting in Nepali 'Marchu talai' ('I will kill you') and knocking him down.

Time for a Gurkha cigar!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393355/Hero-Gurkha-handed-bravery-medal-Queen-said-I-thought-I-going-die--I-tried-kill-I-could.html#ixzz1ON8V

Ayo Gurkhali!

tac

Ura-Ki, Joe13 and clearconscience like this.
  7. tac

With the greatest lack of respect, he can try.

You really do not want to p*ss off the SAS.

tac

Ura-Ki and Joe13 like this.
  8. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Tac, back in the 90's when I was in the Navy reserves. I was lucky enough to be on Ft. Lewis with some Army reservists when some of the SAS boys were there doing some international training. A couple of years after Desert Storm. Pretty cool guys but dead serious at what they do. Some pretty cool equipment also. I was very lucky enough to be able to shoot one of there Enfield Bullpup rifles. :D In rock & Roll. What a blast.

9. tac

They only let you shoot that thing for fun. The SAS do not use it, and never have since it became obvious that the early versions were a total fuster-cluck. They prefer, and indeed, use to this day, the most reliable version of the AR, just like the USMC does. The SAS is not tied down by standardised weapon TO&E.

tac

10. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Hmmmm, thanx for the info. It was a blast all the same. Free ammo and a gun I had never shot before and probably never will shoot again.

11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

I did some cross training with SAS guys several times, and they were almost as bad azzed as we were, and just about as insane! I wouldn't wanna pizz any of them off. Seriously, these guys are tough SOB's and have earned my respect! If given the choice of who was to fight along side, I would choose these guys hands down!

clearconscience and rdb241 like this.
  12. No_Regerts

No_Regerts United States Well-Known Member

:s0069: