JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What 2nd Amendment rights have been taken away from you under the current administration? I've seen market-driven behavior change the landscape, but nothing substantial that even compares to 1994.
shooting spree by some deranged person to get enough support for more gun grabs. And that's the only reason it hasn't happened. You can be sure it'll happen when another Columbine type shooting takes place.

Have we heard much from China lately about outlawing knives and cleavers yet after the school killings there? No, they blame the person, not the tools chosen to kill with. Here they go after the tools and not the deranged person.

Glad you liked "Kalashnakitty"! :D

I kind of agree with you. While I support much of what what Sarah says, she doesn't communicate in the most effective way at times. Politics is about communication and message and what connects with the electorate. While I agree with much of what Palin says, she is preaching to the far right for the most part. I think she will continue to be a political force for conservatives, but I think she is unelectable to higher office.

BTW, love my 870 too, along with my Ithaca 37's. ;)

While I agree with your assessment about Sarah's communication skills I have to laugh when I think about how close Al Gore, John Kerry and others came to being elected. And Obama did get elected with a mantra of "yes we can! Worked at a time when change was inevitable.

Palin offers gun owners something new, an NRA supporter, a shooter, hunter, and a rock solid value system. Big threat to the dark side.

So her mid-western style, home spun speach is refreshing to me. Know it won't play well in the East Coast halls of Harvard and Princeton, DC, NYC or even the liberal bastions of LA, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland. Maybe not with the inner city community organizer crowds.

But I would not count her out just yet, since she does value our Constitution, smaller government, Freedom, gun rights and a few other things that some of us have had for many years and cherish.

She sure is a cut above the crowd that almost managed to make it to the oval office in prior elections and is a much better speaker than they were. I would have no problem with her in the oval office. Have no idea if she will be on the ticket or not and 2012 is a long way off.

It will be an interesting election in 2012. No question.

While I agree with your assessment about Sarah's communication skills I have to laugh when I think about how close Al Gore, John Kerry and others came to being elected. And Obama did get elected with a mantra of "yes we can! Worked at a time when change was inevitable.

Palin offers gun owners something new, an NRA supporter, a shooter, hunter, and a rock solid value system. Big threat to the dark side.

So her mid-western style, home spun speach is refreshing to me. Know it won't play well in the East Coast halls of Harvard and Princeton, DC, NYC or even the liberal bastions of LA, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland. Maybe not with the inner city community organizer crowds.

But I would not count her out just yet, since she does value our Constitution, smaller government, Freedom, gun rights and a few other things that some of us have had for many years and cherish.

She sure is a cut above the crowd that almost managed to make it to the oval office in prior elections and is a much better speaker than they were. I would have no problem with her in the oval office. Have no idea if she will be on the ticket or not and 2012 is a long way off.

Well said. Another thought everyone needs to remember, Sarah writes her own speeches, writes from the heart and BELIEVES what she speaks. How many other politicians can you say do and believe in what was written for them? LOL! Just look at old flip flop mccain! LOL!

The thing is, she doesn't seem to know much of anything about this country or any other. Makes speeches that get people riled up, but she had that going for her when she became McCain's running mate too, in fact initially, it looked as though McCain had a decent chance at winning on account of it. But when she started giving one-on-one interviews, and when she was pressed for details about her positions or more detail about her statements beyond speech-like talking points, it seemed to show people that there's absolutely no substance behind the talk, and things definitely went downhill for McCain's campaign after that. For instance, when posed with the question of how do we as Americans, being proponents of democracy, react when democracy produces results we don't like, for example, in the case of Hamas getting votes on Palestine. Palin went on some non-sequitur tirade about Iran and Israel. Made it pretty clear she doesn't understand the sorts of issues she would have to deal with as a national leader.

Even when interviewed by Glenn Beck, she struggles to give substantial answers to any questions.

As much as I would love to have a pro-2A president, one that recognizes our rights and would seek to restore them fully, I'd want the president to do more than give sensational speeches, I'd want them to know what they're doing and know what they're talking about, and in my opinion, Palin isn't that.

The thing is, she doesn't seem to know much of anything about this country or any other. Makes speeches that get people riled up, but she had that going for her when she became McCain's running mate too, in fact initially, it looked as though McCain had a decent chance at winning on account of it. But when she started giving one-on-one interviews, and when she was pressed for details about her positions or more detail about her statements beyond speech-like talking points, it seemed to show people that there's absolutely no substance behind the talk, and things definitely went downhill for McCain's campaign after that. For instance, when posed with the question of how do we as Americans, being proponents of democracy, react when democracy produces results we don't like, for example, in the case of Hamas getting votes on Palestine. Palin went on some non-sequitur tirade about Iran and Israel. Made it pretty clear she doesn't understand the sorts of issues she would have to deal with as a national leader.

Even when interviewed by Glenn Beck, she struggles to give substantial answers to any questions.

As much as I would love to have a pro-2A president, one that recognizes our rights and would seek to restore them fully, I'd want the president to do more than give sensational speeches, I'd want them to know what they're doing and know what they're talking about, and in my opinion, Palin isn't that.

I agree, I would add as well that I would prefer a presidential candidate that's not a quitter. Every time I see someone suggesting Palin for president I am baffled. She couldn't finish out her term as governor, so I don't see how anyone would expect her to be able to hack it as president.

"The former Alaska governor said in a speech to the National Rifle Association that political backlash is the only thing stopping Obama from gutting the Constitution's right to bare arms. Palin said the public needs to stop Democrats in their tracks, starting with the November elections."
Many of you may not like her but she sure knows that the heck she's talking about.

I just get that sinking feeling that if we can't come up with a better candidate than Palin we will be looking at another possible defeat. That said I am confident we will:)

If Palin ends up being the chosen candidate, then it's not gonna be possible defeat, it's gonna be certain defeat. In a lot of ways, odds are the Democrats are gonna be on the defensive in 2012, choosing Palin will throw that way, and basically hand the election to the Democrats.

If Palin ends up being the chosen candidate, then it's not gonna be possible defeat, it's gonna be certain defeat. In a lot of ways, odds are the Democrats are gonna be on the defensive in 2012, choosing Palin will throw that way, and basically hand the election to the Democrats.

As much as it pains me to agree with that statement, I do. I really like her, but god help us if she by some long shot is the 2012 Republican candidate.

I'm a HUGE John McCain fan, more for how he has served this country's military than as a politician. The race he ran with Palin was a poor attempt at best.

It reminded me of a 90 year old half blind man driving a car with a drunk teenage girl trying to help him steer from the passenger seat :(

I'm a HUGE John McCain fan, more for how he has served this country's military than as a politician. The race he ran with Palin was a poor attempt at best.

It reminded me of a 90 year old half blind man driving a car with a drunk teenage girl trying to help him steer from the passenger seat :(
No, a fully blind man cross bred with a sheep. Jumps back and forth over the fence whenever it fits his agenda. McCain is a cypher. Possible Manchurian candidate. He is a war hero for spending time in the Hanoi Hilton no doubt, but a seriosly faulty politician. At least Sara is the real deal. I think her folksy manner is very endearing and genuine. Greydog.
P.S. Nobama must use a prompter, Sara talks from the cuff. 57 states in the U.S.? Seriously now. Who is less qualified?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top