JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, not really.
As far as I'm concerned, she went through hell because of a nut-job, so she gets a pass. She was gripped by emotion for a heinous crime committed against a man she loved, that ruined him.

QUOTE]

Sorry, no pass from me. Thirty-four years should be ample time to get through one's grief over the harm to a loved one enough to stop blaming inanimate objects and the rest of society for one man's actions.

Ding-Dong the B_tch is Dead!!

Edited to move my comment out of the quote.

Last Edited:
No, not really.
As far as I'm concerned, she went through hell because of a nut-job, so she gets a pass. She was gripped by emotion for a heinous crime committed against a man she loved, that ruined him.

Now, the people (if you can call them that) that exploited her emotions and her position as the wife of a cabinet member of the most successful republican president in my lifetime?
Oh yeah, those people can rot in pieces.
I agree with that sentiment. People directly affected get a pass in either direction. That's true for Gabby, the parents of Sandy Hook children, you name it. Having said that, I hope the Brady Campaign expires with her.

With Sarah Brady's passing, a little candor from the press

With the passing today of longtime gun control advocate Sarah Brady, there is some honesty from the mainstream press about just exactly what she stood for the past three-plus decades

<broken link removed>
measured words ... classy.

I would take issue with anything "gun control has saved lives", whether from Brady or from Janet Reno. The opposite might be closer to the truth.

This is Karma. In the states she pushed for gun control how many woman werent able to defend themselves against break ins and rapes?
How many more murders were there because honest hard working Americans were not able to purchase, own or carry a firearm?

No pity for her. Ill see her in hell.

Actually, a harmed loved one in no way gives anyone a "pass" to infringe upon what are completely and totally INDIVIDUAL rights.

If my wife was yelled at during a gun-rights debate, severely hurting her feelings until she died 32 years later as a legitimate elderly person, do I have the right to demand that no one ever protest again?

While I hope to never know what they must have gone through as a family after James was shot, I don't see how it would allow me to infringe upon the rights of others.

There was a lot more to the 1986 FOPA aside from the Hughes amendment.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20110125/no-surrender
Gun shows didn't exist like they do now, before FOPA.
There was no mail order handgun ammo sales before FOPA.
Gun dealers were subject to ATF abuse before FOPA.
You had to be 18 y/o to buy ANY ammo that could be used in a handgun, including .22RF, and you had to show ID and sign for it before FOPA.
You had NO PROTECTION from arbitrary state laws when traveling interstate with a gun before FOPA.
Before FOPA, gun registration at the federal level was VERY possible, and had been discussed extensively.

Nobody thought the Hughes amendment would stand. The way it was passed left everyone involved certain it would fail a court challenge.

And the AP ammo ban was part of the uproar over what were the "cop killer" bullets for handguns.
If you noticed, in the attempt to ban M855, it failed the definition of AP, as it should.

I was a shooter before 1986, and trust me, things got A LOT better for all of us under Reagan.
Was he perfect? Nope.
But compared to clinton or obama? (or LBJ or carter?) He was MUCH better for gun owners.
No contest.

I'm old enough to remember pre-GCA68, when any non-NFA firearm could bought by mail, minors could buy and possess firearms, and there were no FFLs.

The best comparison is the insane view that FEAR and FEELINGS somehow trump FACT and RIGHTS.

There is no "Right To Not Be Afraid". That is something the Left made up to counter actual claims of TANGIBLE rights, such as the right to arm and defend ourselves.

Could you imagine trying to govern irrational emotions such as fear, anger or hurt feelings? Thank God our Founders knew that we could only set standards upon things that are constant, or we'd be under the thumb of a government that could simply demand that we stop/start "feeling" the fake "emotions" that control the MSM, the entire Left and certain wings of the Right.

I'm old enough to remember pre-GCA68, when any non-NFA firearm could bought by mail, minors could buy and possess firearms, and there were no FFLs.
That is the only way it should be. No infringement means just that, NONE.

Alas, we are so far into the brainwashing that we not only fill out the BGC, we also allow the serial number of the firearm(s) to be part of the process, as if an inanimate object could apply for or be denied "rights". Of course once we started applying for it, it stopped being a "right", didn't it?

Anyone that is "OK" with BGC's should ask why TPTB can tell us exactly where specific serial numbered guns are, even though they were purchased in the mid-'70's and the 4744 was only supposed to be around for 7 years. It is nothing less than a form of registration and it is continually used as such.

The new demand to use BGC's in private transactions is only a scam to get whatever arms that aren't in the system logged and to complete the registration and tracking of EVERY firearm in The US.

The only "sad" part of this story is that the Brady's were allowed to die peacefully in their beds after long lives.

I wonder if she ever got around to scolding the armed men that stopped Hinckley from finishing what he started? After all, what would decent people like The Brady's be doing surrounded by evil, dastardly firearms? I'm sure that she nor her husband accepted an armed security detail, because she certainly wouldn't imply that firearms are only for the Ruling Class.

I remember as a child of nine years old taking my 22lr and going hunting with my friends of the same age. Would walk miles to get to the river and the old rock pits to hunt small game and just shoot for fun. Now days if they seen a nine year old and his friends packing guns to go shooting it would give people a heart attack. Those were better days.o_O

But after LBJ and GCA68, it got pretty damned ugly until the NRA and Reagan pushed the FOPA through a Dem congress.

Nobody cared if I went shooting with my Remmy .22 rifle. I could by shells for my 20 ga, but not my .22, I had to have my bro do that.
Because there were .22 pistols.
How lame.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews