JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, kids won't be getting piles of crap made Chinese plastic and electrical shi'ite this year? I'm devastated.
NOT!

When I was a kid I got what seemed like a bunch of stuff under the tree every year. My parents were raised in the depression era. They were frugal, with a CAPITOL Fru! I always had what I needed,was fed well and was never cold. It'd be a great time to to give the spoiled kids a chance to see how their parents before their parents lived.

Do kids even want physical toys these days? Most of them are playing on their phones and game consoles, so I image a digital product like a video game or one of those game passes is what they're after.

When I was growing up, Birthday and Christmas gifts were things I needed: jeans, socks, underwear, shirts, etc. These days I tell the wife/kids/grands I just need black socks, T-shirts that have a pocket and no advertising, and some garage sale books on topics that interest me. They don't have to spend much which makes me happy, and no worries about returns.

Take a break from consumerism
Is that what it is? A break from consumerism? I have three vehicles. The oldest is 52 YO and the newest is 16 YO. That's three vehicles and a boat. They all run/drive. When I HAD to buy a new computer I lost a bunch of stuff that wouldn't run on Win 10 and still miss those things. I see my father when I look in the mirror.

I see my father when I look in the mirror.
I do to, and sometimes that can be embarrassing. Like when I remember saying 'I'll never be like that when I grow up!' I used to look away and roll my eyes when my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles talked about their aches and pains, medications, how tough the world used to be, etc. Now I resemble those remarks. :s0112:

I do to, and sometimes that can be embarrassing. Like when I remember saying 'I'll never be like that when I grow up!' I used to look away and roll my eyes when my grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles talked about their aches and pains, medications, how tough the world used to be, etc. Now I resemble those remarks. :s0112:
There's good and bad to it. I've got pretty much all the bad and no where near all the good.

Oh yeah? Well I haven't bought Christmas presents for 6 years, now. Stopped participating and don't miss it. I still celebrate the season, but in my own way

Meh. One of the reasons I positively can't stand the holiday is consumerism is such an irrational, wasteful, and an ugly aspect of our culture. (And, though respectful of others, I'm not a member of the faith in which that holiday is important.)

But my wife and kids absolutely love everything Christmas (or Chris-Chris as they called it when wee ones). They, or rather we, will still have a warm, happy time regardless of whatever supply bumps there are. Who cares what plastic-fantastic crap doesn't make it to the store shelves. :)

Last Edited:
Bought our kid her presents a few months back. This is a manufactured crisis at this point. All those ships waiting outside ports around America right now prove that.

Bought our kid her presents a few months back. This is a manufactured crisis at this point. All those ships waiting outside ports around America right now prove that.
I am curious - could you explain that more, please? Sounds intriguing.

Back to Christmas stuff, I knew an old farmer who when he was a kid, used to walk 6 miles to the nearest little town to watch other kids open presents because his parents couldn't afford any. Makes today's materialism kind of sickening to witness.

I am curious - could you explain that more, please? Sounds intriguing.

Back to Christmas stuff, I knew an old farmer who when he was a kid, used to walk 6 miles to the nearest little town to watch other kids open presents because his parents couldn't afford any. Makes today's materialism kind of sickening to witness.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top