JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello from Sandy! My interest in firearms is mainly for self-defense and hunting. I fish alone a lot, and like to be able pack heat. I also try to follow the gun rights issues and do what I can to contribute to those causes, but am mainly wrapped up in fishing issues. I've personally experienced a lot of crime recently and have my mind on that lately.

I look forward to contributing to the discussions, purchasing firearms, and staying informed through this board. Currently researching subcompacts.

Cheers! :s0155:

I've personally experienced a lot of crime recently and have my mind on that lately.

You can't put a statement like that out there without someone asking what up! :s0114:

Welcome to the boards.

You can't put a statement like that out there without someone asking what up! :s0114:

Welcome to the boards.

:) I should have seen that one coming! Let's see, where do I start? Without going into too much detail on my employer's dime, it mainly started with a stolen catalytic converter last year from my truck (while I was fishing), then this year my home was burglarized when I was gone (fishing) for several days, then VERY recently my entire truck was stolen (while I was fishing downriver)!! That one was the shocker. I trudge back to where I parked, find it gone, and had the strange feeling of hoping my truck had been towed. After a crime spree, it was recovered and I have to testify soon in grand jury b/c they were able to connect it with a crime ring.

Oh, you all might be very interested to know that one of the crimes committed with my truck was the theft of a gun safe, which they torched open, and then shipped the guns to Montana. The sheriff urged me to have any gun safe secured to the floor and walls, since several have been stolen recently in my area. So heads up!

Thanks guys, I look forward to getting to know all of you and all the local firearms-related businesses and organizations in my area.

To the fishermen that read my story, yes, I would recommend being extra careful as the good-for-nothings are definitely targeting fishermen, who they know will be gone from their vehicles for at least a few hours. I'm sure the first time, they watched me jump in my buddy's truck with boat and leave, and knew they had plenty of time to steal my cat, then with my truck, it was clear I was off fishing, and they simply punched out the locks and had a dummy key that they started it right up with. No broken glass nothing, pretty quick. And off it went on a crime spree.

Anyways, thanks for the greetings!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads