JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have an old Winchester Model 04, with good wood, receiver, beautiful ornate trigger guard, and in excellent mechanical condition. One slight problem: somebody decided to sand it down, and not with 1000 grit. (Maybe 4 grit. I don't know!) So what do we do with it? Try to take the striations out, smooth it up and reblue? Take off the striations and then leave it shiny and silvery? Or just leave it alone? Does it have more value redone? I wonder if there are some really skilled folks who could somehow reblue and then age it to look like a 90-year old patina? The blueing covered by the stock all those years is a gorgeous deep blue/black. Maybe if we get up to Cody we can see one that is a 99% gun. Thanks for reading, and I welcome any ideas.

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

If you decide to rust blue the rifle yourself, check out a very good product made by " Laurel Mountain Forge". It is easy to use for a novice and can return the rifle back to it's original color.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top