Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

San Diego will NOT appeal the 9th Circuit Court's "may issue" strike down!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Stomper, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

2. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is great news however the title appears to be misleading. While the Sheriff has decided not to pursue it the county still can.

3. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Also I think by rules of the 9th circuit En Banc hearing can be held at the request of any of the judges. That's how Nordyke v. King went for rehearing - we never even learned which judge requested it.

4. Stomper

5. GunRightsCoalition

I'm still trying to figure out how shall not be infringed equates "need one for self-defense or personal safety". The Orange County Sheriff is still violating the law and is simply trying to cover his ***.

"Local applicants seeking a permit to carry a concealed weapon now only have to say that they need one for self-defense or personal safety."

What if I choose to carry to defend my family, or my friends, or simply to exercise my right to do so? While this looks like a move in the right direction we must not be misled as this still establishes that they believe they can infringe on our rights.

evltwn and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Stomper

I hear you, but these dopes are getting rolled back if not by one ruling at a time.

7. fd15k

I don't think he recognizes authority of the courts in these matters :)

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Where is the punishment for all these city, county, state & federal infringements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand that there be retribution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stomper, Blitzkrieg, Redcap and 3 others like this.
  9. GunRightsCoalition

I believe that is why he did this. Now it's up in the air and if he continues to deny them then he could find himself in hot water under 42 U.S. Code § 1983 if it's upheld. Another words he is trying to cover his behind.

10. Stomper

I think a public display of a bamboo cane across the offending politicians' buttocks 3-4 times would be some good retribution, and a deterrent for future offenses. ;)

11. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

So when can I mail in my application for a CA permit? I'll never believe it's real untill I can carry down there too.

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Not even close, we need something for them to remember, caning till blood comes to mind...

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Cali remains a "must retreat" state (even in your own home!) and an absurd burden to prove you were about to die before shooting, remains. In urban venues there, expect upside down crucifixion, as matters now stand

14. Blitzkrieg

Think of all the savage rapes, beatings and murders on these tyrant's hands

15. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Fixt.

Bruin, Stomper, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  16. Blitzkrieg

Rattan staff would be even better

17. fd15k

Not to forget Californian liberals eat babies of the conservatives for lunch. Otherwise this is what the law states in there :

18. fd15k

You won't be able to until the residency requirements are challenged and struck down. This case actually dealt with residency requirements
    early on, since the plaintiff did not reside in San Diego Co full time. But the county later stopped arguing that point, so residency requirements
    did not get specifically addressed. Luckily for us, residency requirements can be challenged anywhere in the 9th Circuit now. I can't wait for
    somebody from Alaska , Montana or Arizona to file a lawsuit against Oregon :D

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Blitzkrieg

However that is never used in big liberal urban zones as standard court OP procedure.. go ahead and try to use it in a court of law there..

20. fd15k

I knew that was coming. "Liberals ignore the law".

A man?s home is his castle? and so is his truck: Self-defense in California (Part I: Non-Lethal Force) | Law Offices Of Kate Hardie

I suppose the next one will be "Liberals ignore the law when a good citizen is in question, but acquit gang bangers".

Man acquitted in rapper's shooting death - Los Angeles Times