JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So far, here's what I've heard on the news: The shooters had full auto, high power, AK47's chambered in .222 that were legal in CA except the clips that didn't have buttons.

Oh, and the pistols were police style Smith & Wesson!

:s0146::s0013::s0057:o_O:(

So far, here's what I've heard on the news: The shooters had full auto, high power, AK47's chambered in .222 that were legal in CA except the clips that didn't have buttons.

Oh, and the pistols were police style Smith & Wesson!

:s0146::s0013::s0057:o_O:(

I read their weapons were legally purchased.

I thought it was illigal in Cali to own semi auto rifles without a bullet button? and full capacity mags?

did any of the sources mention them illegally modifying the bullet buttons?

They (repo

I thought it was illigal in Cali to own semi auto rifles without a bullet button? and full capacity mags?

Button mag release is a drop in part, easily replaced and of course standard capacity magazines aren't that hard to get. It's been reported that the rifles were purchased legally. If only murder was illegal.

According to the NY Times:
Four guns were recovered: a Smith & Wesson M&P assault rifle, a DPMS Panther Arms assault rifle, a Smith & Wesson handgun and a Llama handgun.

Here's a link to the article: How They Got Their Guns

Before shooting
"All four guns were bought legally, the two handguns by Mr. Farook and the two assault rifles by someone who is not a suspect, authorities said. The Los Angeles Times reported that the handguns were bought at Annie's Get Your Gun, a gun store in Corona, Calif."

OK sooo, he borrowed two California illegal ARs from someone who is not a suspect ?.................:confused:

According to the NY Times:
Four guns were recovered: a Smith & Wesson M&P assault rifle, a DPMS Panther Arms assault rifle, a Smith & Wesson handgun and a Llama handgun.

Here's a link to the article: How They Got Their Guns

I'm really getting sick and tired of their use of the term "assault rifle" :mad:

Seems the only thing these ba$tards know how to do is use false terms, twist facts and use name calling against anyone that doesn't support their side.

This morning they were talking about semi-auto. One press of the trigger fires one round. Apparently you can buy a button that you can activate with a bullet to turn it into an assault rifle full auto.

:s0064:

Check out this article.....
http://www.wsj.com/articles/rifles-...o-shooting-illegal-under-state-law-1449201057
Rifles Used in San Bernardino Shooting Illegal Under State Law
Weapons were legally purchased with magazine locking devices but altered to make them more powerful, ATF finds

Wall Street Journal said:
While they were originally sold legally, with magazine locking devices commonly known as bullet buttons, the rifles were subsequently altered in different ways to make them more powerful, according to Meredith Davis, a special agent with the ATF.

Wow, who knew that by disabling a bullet button it made the rifle more powerful. I've still got a bullet button from when I was stationed behind enemy lines, I'm going to "alter" it to make my AR a super powerful lethal killing machine.:s0048:

Wall Street Journal said:
The Smith & Wesson rifle was changed in an attempt to enable it fire in fully automatic mode, while the DPMS weapon was modified to use a large-capacity magazine, she said.

What? Really? This quote was made by someone who should know at least something about guns. I guess that's why she's called "a special agent":s0125:.

There's more, but I don't want ot make this post go on forever.

Ray

I have to think that as much as the MSM focuses on the guns and gun laws, they would know a thing or two about oh I don't know, guns and gun laws?

It couldn't be that they are deliberately manipulating low info voters could it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is what I meant with my reply... it seemed obvious to me but I didnt have a source. It seems to have been conveniently overlooked by the media and of course the anti gunners...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2015/1...ernardino-shooting-were-illegal-in-california

the rifles were modified by illegally removing the bullet button, using/possessing large capacity magazines (illegal in Cali), and modified for full auto fire. There is also the potential of a straw purchase here but its not clear....

FirearmsSanBernardino.sized-770x415xc.jpg

Last Edited:
Has anyone (like law enforcement) actually said the rifles were modified to shoot full auto? Or was the only Mod to allow quicker magazine changes? And can't you stuff a 30 or 40 rd mag in a rifle with a Bullet Button in place?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top