Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

San Bernadino recap

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kimber Custom, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

So far, here's what I've heard on the news: The shooters had full auto, high power, AK47's chambered in .222 that were legal in CA except the clips that didn't have buttons.

Oh, and the pistols were police style Smith & Wesson!

:s0146::s0013::s0057:o_O:(

2. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

with assault clothing.

3. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I read their weapons were legally purchased.

I thought it was illigal in Cali to own semi auto rifles without a bullet button? and full capacity mags?

did any of the sources mention them illegally modifying the bullet buttons?

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

I heard they were assult AR-15s that looked like AK-47s..........:confused:

erudne likes this.
  5. Kimber Custom

They (repo
    Button mag release is a drop in part, easily replaced and of course standard capacity magazines aren't that hard to get. It's been reported that the rifles were purchased legally. If only murder was illegal.

308 likes this.
  6. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

They need to ban those " hi power " Ak's

erudne likes this.
  7. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

NPR/PBS is controlled by Obama, this is a lead in to bans of 'Sporting Rifles'

MTpockets, edslhead and Chee-to like this.
  8. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

It's easy to take away a mans life jacket when he's having a good time out fishing on the boat.

But just try taking it away when he's drowning out in the river!;)

9. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

According to the NY Times:
    Four guns were recovered: a Smith & Wesson M&P assault rifle, a DPMS Panther Arms assault rifle, a Smith & Wesson handgun and a Llama handgun.

Here's a link to the article: How They Got Their Guns

FireArm likes this.
  10. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Before shooting
    "All four guns were bought legally, the two handguns by Mr. Farook and the two assault rifles by someone who is not a suspect, authorities said. The Los Angeles Times reported that the handguns were bought at Annie’s Get Your Gun, a gun store in Corona, Calif."

OK sooo, he borrowed two California illegal ARs from someone who is not a suspect ?.................:confused:

P7id10T likes this.
  11. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm really getting sick and tired of their use of the term "assault rifle" :mad:

Seems the only thing these ba$tards know how to do is use false terms, twist facts and use name calling against anyone that doesn't support their side.

erudne, Charliehorse and edslhead like this.
  12. Kimber Custom

This morning they were talking about semi-auto. One press of the trigger fires one round. Apparently you can buy a button that you can activate with a bullet to turn it into an assault rifle full auto.

:s0064:

erudne and rick benjamin like this.
  13. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I wish reporters had a place on there head you could activate with a stick to make them think!:s0002:

erudne, Stomper and rick benjamin like this.
  14. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Check out this article.....
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/rifles-...o-shooting-illegal-under-state-law-1449201057
    Rifles Used in San Bernardino Shooting Illegal Under State Law
    Weapons were legally purchased with magazine locking devices but altered to make them more powerful, ATF finds

Wow, who knew that by disabling a bullet button it made the rifle more powerful. I've still got a bullet button from when I was stationed behind enemy lines, I'm going to "alter" it to make my AR a super powerful lethal killing machine.:s0048:

What? Really? This quote was made by someone who should know at least something about guns. I guess that's why she's called "a special agent":s0125:.

There's more, but I don't want ot make this post go on forever.

Ray

15. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I have to think that as much as the MSM focuses on the guns and gun laws, they would know a thing or two about oh I don't know, guns and gun laws?

It couldn't be that they are deliberately manipulating low info voters could it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

This is what I meant with my reply... it seemed obvious to me but I didnt have a source. It seems to have been conveniently overlooked by the media and of course the anti gunners...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2015/1...ernardino-shooting-were-illegal-in-california

the rifles were modified by illegally removing the bullet button, using/possessing large capacity magazines (illegal in Cali), and modified for full auto fire. There is also the potential of a straw purchase here but its not clear....

FirearmsSanBernardino.sized-770x415xc.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  17. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Well, at least they already come with the stick.... in their arses, next to their heads. :rolleyes:

Medic! likes this.
  18. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Has anyone (like law enforcement) actually said the rifles were modified to shoot full auto? Or was the only Mod to allow quicker magazine changes? And can't you stuff a 30 or 40 rd mag in a rifle with a Bullet Button in place?

19. Charliehorse

Charliehorse Cascade Mts - State of Jefferson USA Well-Known Member

Agree. Its an ArmaLite Rifle! Call it what it is news morons!

20. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

Posted this on another thread.

Firearm ID Poster.jpg