JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like propaganda to me, almost anti 2nd amendment. "Squeaky clean" Americans buying guns to smuggle to mexico. Hmm.... I believe my record is clean and I have never smuggled any guns to Mexico. Gives more reasoning to those who are on the fence about owning guns to say, "hey, that's another reason why average Joe owning guns in the U.S. is bad."

I'm sure some weapons registered in the U.S. make their way south of the border but many of those mass killings are full auto weapons according to the articles. I'm sure someone who has been cleared to own full auto weapons in the U.S. wouldn't ruin that by knowingly sell guns to be smuggled to Mexico.

Have any of you driven to Mexico? Ever notice the difference in going into Mexico and returning into the U.S.? If there was a major problem w/ firearms entering Mexico from the U.S. wouldn't there be tougher security checks entering Mexico as there is entering the U.S.? Mexico needs to step up to the plate if its a problem.

I read a while back when Hilary Clinton was visiting Mexico and the same topic came up. And who smuggles the full auto guns and grenades and rpg's? That's right... the Mexican government soldiers/ personnel sold their issued equipment and there have been links to Russia and a few Asian countries importing weapons to Mexico.

I'm sorry about my tone but I think these type of stories are thick in B.S. and are anti-2nd amendment. I am Mexican-American (very proud of my heritage but very grateful to live in U.S. soil) and I have been to Mexico numerous times. I feel like all of these issues have always been there much longer but it's much easier to blame the U.S. than to correct the problem themselves (perhaps not really wanting to correct it and this is a way for Mexico to turn the other cheek, IMHO)

I find it unfortunate that Mexican citizens do not have the right to bear arms, I feel it would prevent a lot of the murders down there. However, I also find it unfortunate that our own press smears our 2nd amendment rights with such stories. I love Mexico but the Mexican government has always been shady since I can remember.

Sounds like propaganda to me, almost anti 2nd amendment. "Squeaky clean" Americans buying guns to smuggle to mexico. Hmm.... I believe my record is clean and I have never smuggled any guns to Mexico. Gives more reasoning to those who are on the fence about owning guns to say, "hey, that's another reason why average Joe owning guns in the U.S. is bad."

I'm sure some weapons registered in the U.S. make their way south of the border but many of those mass killings are full auto weapons according to the articles. I'm sure someone who has been cleared to own full auto weapons in the U.S. wouldn't ruin that by knowingly sell guns to be smuggled to Mexico.

Have any of you driven to Mexico? Ever notice the difference in going into Mexico and returning into the U.S.? If there was a major problem w/ firearms entering Mexico from the U.S. wouldn't there be tougher security checks entering Mexico as there is entering the U.S.? Mexico needs to step up to the plate if its a problem.

I read a while back when Hilary Clinton was visiting Mexico and the same topic came up. And who smuggles the full auto guns and grenades and rpg's? That's right... the Mexican government soldiers/ personnel sold their issued equipment and there have been links to Russia and a few Asian countries importing weapons to Mexico.

I'm sorry about my tone but I think these type of stories are thick in B.S. and are anti-2nd amendment. I am Mexican-American (very proud of my heritage but very grateful to live in U.S. soil) and I have been to Mexico numerous times. I feel like all of these issues have always been there much longer but it's much easier to blame the U.S. than to correct the problem themselves (perhaps not really wanting to correct it and this is a way for Mexico to turn the other cheek, IMHO)

I find it unfortunate that Mexican citizens do not have the right to bear arms, I feel it would prevent a lot of the murders down there. However, I also find it unfortunate that our own press smears our 2nd amendment rights with such stories. I love Mexico but the Mexican government has always been shady since I can remember.

:drink:

Yeah, like this one..?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1bf_1264172210

Its simple.. follow the money. The reason Mexican authorities don't crack down on US weapons heading south is that they WANT them to come in, and be discovered. that way, they can lean on the ever-bleeding-heart US government to give them all sorts of money to combat the serious problem that is OUR fault, and that WE are unable to control.

Using guilt to shame us into giving them money. Simple, Effective. Wrong.

Never mind that Mexico's government have been corrupt for four centuries, and that their citizens are disarmed by law. The guns being down there is OUR fault, and thus we must bear that responsibility and pay up.

And we yanks eat it up... como chicharrones frescas. .

Tionico, you are totally right, it all has to do with the money. I'm sure the US politicians see that but they go through with it because it helps their anti-gun agenda. Wow, I probably sound like I'm crazy paranoid but it makes sense to me. Eso o estan ciegos (that or they are blind)

Like I said, I spent a considerate portion of my childhood/teens in the middle of Mexico and one of the things I learned when there is that as long as you have money you can pretty much do whatever you want. I shot a lot of firearms in Mexico considering they are illegal. Nothing "cartel" related, MOST are just rural people who refuse to give up their arms and bribe the local authorities to keep their 30-30's, .22's and such.

Ammo being smuggled in from the US? Nonsense, the "authorities" provided ammo.. for a price of course. Hunting is still a major part of livelihood where my parents are from and thats what most used it for. On the other hand, I also heard many stories of people doing illegal things and paying some pesos to be let go.

Makes me realize how lucky I am to be born and raised in the US and have a right to LEGALLY own a firearm, hunt and protect myself (including from the government, how awesome is that) without having to bribe my way to do so. I honestly feel Mexico would be different if they had their version of the 2nd amendment. Mexicans will probably never have that freedom since that right was taken away.

Sorry for the rant.

honest citizens buying guns to ship to Mexico?
hmmmm im a honest citizen and i buy guns

now all I want to know is where the other honest citizens get those RPGs and the ful auto AK47s...I wanna shop where they do

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top