JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just applied for a CHL in Clackamas County at the Clackamas Public Safety Training Center, and had the unusual luck of having my license issued the same day.

I went in Tuesday which is the one day of the week in which they accept walk-in application processing. I signed in at the front window, waited behind four people before my name was called, submitted my application, submitted my free and printed safety course certificate from MD Firearms Safety Training after completing the online safety lessons, submitted my drivers license and a credit card as two forms of ID, paid for the license, had my photo taken, and was fingerprinted.

They said my fingerprinting took longer than usual (about 15 minutes) because they were having trouble matching my individual prints. And I was lucky enough to have dropped by during a time when the Sheriff who approves the licenses was there helping. So while the staff was still trying to figure out how to get my prints right, the Sheriff was nice enough to approve and laminate my CHL for me. I ended up having to go back to the PSTC an hour later to be re-printed, but it was definitely worth receiving my CHL on the same day. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top