JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

"MayorSamAdams (August 23, 2010 1:31:18 PM) Why common-sense gun reforms are often stalled: bullying by 'Oregon's [only] no-compromise gun lobby'
<broken link removed> #pdxsafety #pdx."
"MayorSamAdams (August 23, 2010) "David, please actually read the website (Oregon Firearms Federation the quote, '...no-compromise gun lobby,' is right on the front page.

"Bullying with the use of personal attacks by local gun-use advocates is commonplace here in Oregon. Others who have attempted to change gun laws, like Oregon State Sen. Ginny Burdick, have been unfairly personally pilloried by local gun-use lobbyists.

"As a leader in the national gun use coalition, even though we might disagree on this issue, I encourage you to denounce the Oregon Firearms Federation statement. I will encourage my supporters to stuck to the facts, as well.

"The gun safety reforms I have proposed pose no threat to law abiding gun owners. They should have been approved by the Oregon State Legislature years ago. And, you should support them. Sam"

Sam Adams doesn't know Portland or his voter base as well as he thinks he does.

why is this freak still in office? :s0131:

Because the majority of people who voted in the last mayoral election in Portland put him there.

What he's doing is not an impeachable offense, even if he is annoying.

If you want to be rid of him, find some electable person to run against him and put that person in office.

And Codrea's response. <broken link removed>

He finishes with a quote from Samuel Adams (not the mayor, the one who signed the Declaration of Independence). Curiously, I can't recall Samuel asking for "common-sense gun laws".:D

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom—go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!

We can probably all cease the personal attacks on Sam. For myself, I voted for Sho, but Sam is my mayor (for now) based on what my neighbors voted. I highly recommend that all of you send him a note on your feeling about this like I did. The gist of mine is that we have too many laws already, support the ones we have and lock up the criminals. As my family and I live close (within bullet range) to one of the recent shootings in the heart of the city and hardly consider myself the gun lobby, I also gave him my full name and address so he knows I'm a real person.

Here's his email address. Click or copy and paste it: [email protected]

No personal attack meant, but this guy seems to make a habit of making poor decisions, both politically and personally. The fact of the matter is that once you become a politician, like it or not, your personal life is in the public eye. This guy is not my mayor (I do not live in Portland), but I worry if his bad decisions become law, it may spread to other areas of the state...

5. Excluding gun-law violators from neighborhoods with high rates of illegal firearm use.

I don't understand this. Why not exclude gun-law violators from SOCIETY by having them in prison? Why not exclude other common gang-related law violations (drug sales, pimping, robbery, etc) ?

I don't understand this. Why not exclude gun-law violators from SOCIETY by having them in prison? Why not exclude other common gang-related law violations (drug sales, pimping, robbery, etc) ?

Or if we take this grand idea further why not exclude them from all of Portland? at some point are we punishing criminals twice? The constitution must work for the worst of scumbags if it is to work for the best of citizens.

Apparently some of you believe Mayor Sam Adams is not a skilled expert on gun control.

In the interest of fairness, I ask all of you to suspend this debate and defer to an announcement from the only person equipped to evaluate the Mayor's expertise in this area:

Beau Breedlove.

Apparently some of you believe Mayor Sam Adams is not a skilled expert on gun control.

In the interest of fairness, I ask all of you to suspend this debate and defer to an announcement from the only person equipped to evaluate the Mayor's expertise in this area:

Beau Breedlove.

Hmmmm, I imagine there's more than several equipped to evaluate the Mayor's expertise in this area...............:s0001:

He is trying to focus attention where it will take some of the bad attetion off of him, and maybe let people forget about his other failings. This will not work, Many people did not support the recall campain as they thought it would cost to much money to go through all of that. I believe he will be defeated soundly as I hold out hope that even the alternate lifestyle people have a higher moral compas than Sam I am.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top