JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Worth suppressing shotgun?

• Total voters
Reactions
Looking to hear from those who own the salvo? Is it worth it? Looks like a lot of fun to put one on something like a semi auto! Would complement my SBS nicely. Might invoke other shotgun purchases.

If likely get the K model. Don't need a 12" shotgun suppressor on the end of an already long gun.

1610567039182.jpeg

I've always been tempted. But another NFA project always got in the way. And I kind lost interesting in scatterguns a few years back. But, yah, damn tempting. Should be an interesting thread. :D

You should watch hickock45's video on this. Said it sounds more like a muffler than a suppressor. Or something like that, I may be misremembering. The full size ones are pretty darn huge

Its main purpose would be to be used on a short barrel shotgun. Which is pretty loud, but nicely sized now. If I got it, I'd be tempted to get more scatter guns. Which Joe likes, so they might be safe after they take my semi auto SBS away!!! :(

It is mostly aluminum it sounds, I'm not the biggest fan of aluminum and suppressors. Especially since they are a permanent purchase in my opinion.

Back to YouTube to ensure I get this out of my system or clicky clicky over at Silencershop.

It is a pity there aren't more integrally suppressed shotgun designs. I'm aware of one in this country that has turned out to be total vaporware. And have seen photographs of them in Europe that look handy, but are unobtanium here.

It is a pity there aren't more integrally suppressed shotgun designs. I'm aware of one in this country that has turned out to be total vaporware. And have seen photographs of them in Europe that look handy, but are unobtanium here.
I only know of three shotgun suppressors in the states. This one, Aklyss Defense, and A Squared Armament. Aklyss makes an integral, but it is proprietary to the KelTec I believe.

There are a handful of shotgun suppressors that have come and gone in the US.

With the shotgun being a low pressure round I don't think there is much worry with it being aluminum. I have an aluminum brake on my Vepr that has little to no wear and has a good number of rounds through it.

I rather like the idea of a shotgun can. I could see benefits when hunting and competition. Especially on short barrels.

Bueller?

No one here own one?

Damn this guy is sitting in the back of my head.

Would look good on this guy!

I only cut off a bunch of barrel, to only add it back on with a can!

(Yes the pictured shotgun is registered as a SBS) :rolleyes:

F2E82F99-4FC2-4F04-8299-59D6C1E3C90A.jpeg

Unless you are going to handload to subsonic levels, and accept reduced downrange damage, the supersonic crack cannot be defeated. If you listen to the Salvo 12 report on interweb videos, you will have to question why you dropped a lot of money, time, and form effort to get a stamp for one of these in the first place. They make most hunting shotguns unwieldy as well.

I had one, very fun on an array of host from Mossberg 500 to Benelli M2. I would suggest a semi auto shotgun for the true quietness.

I have one that I have run on a keltec KSG along with other pumps and autos. My short answer would be save your money. It's only one of two suppressor purchases out of 15 or so that I regret. (The other being specific High Tech Gunworks 22 universal suppressor I bought 15 years ago.)

It's loud. I have the normal salvo and tend to run it in the 10-12" configuration. I have tried it in the shorter and its just loud, no way around it. It's also puts a ton of weight on the end of the barrel on a gun that you are usually swinging when you fire. If you want it as a range toy, then maybe it would make sense. If I could have a SBS in WA I would and put it on it. But that said if I could buy it over, I would pick about any other suppressor out there including a couple more .22lr suppressors for the same price. Shotguns just don't suppress well and for me I can't find a good application for it. Even on the KSG which is compact, it turns the entire platform into a boat anchor. Maybe if I had an SBS and just wanted to take the edge off I would feel differently, but I just struggle with "why the heck do I own this thing" every time I open my safe.

Sorry I am not more positive on it. It's constructed really well. I just don't see much practical application outside of a toy. Which says a lot because I own a lot of bang bangs that are grown up toys and still struggle with it.

I have one that I have run on a keltec KSG along with other pumps and autos. My short answer would be save your money. It's only one of two suppressor purchases out of 15 or so that I regret. (The other being specific High Tech Gunworks 22 universal suppressor I bought 15 years ago.)

It's loud. I have the normal salvo and tend to run it in the 10-12" configuration. I have tried it in the shorter and its just loud, no way around it. It's also puts a ton of weight on the end of the barrel on a gun that you are usually swinging when you fire. If you want it as a range toy, then maybe it would make sense. If I could have a SBS in WA I would and put it on it. But that said if I could buy it over, I would pick about any other suppressor out there including a couple more .22lr suppressors for the same price. Shotguns just don't suppress well and for me I can't find a good application for it. Even on the KSG which is compact, it turns the entire platform into a boat anchor. Maybe if I had an SBS and just wanted to take the edge off I would feel differently, but I just struggle with "why the heck do I own this thing" every time I open my safe.

Sorry I am not more positive on it. It's constructed really well. I just don't see much practical application outside of a toy. Which says a lot because I own a lot of bang bangs that are grown up toys and still struggle with it.
This is the sort of information I'm looking for. Thank you for the write up.

The KS7 would be something I'd certainly consider as a host if I get it.

Curious to what types of ammo you have shot through it?

I have a KS7 as well. Frankly I love it compared to the KSG. It's better because it's a lighter platform, but still my same concerns.

I don't meant to bad mouth it. I have a number of 4 SiCo cans and it's built as well as the rest. It's a brick, both good and bad. I hunt a lot and thought that I could use it for that application. (I rifle hunt almost solely suppressed now.) And while it makes it quieter, it's still on the edge of hearing quiet so it didn't accomplish what I wanted. And it's like taping a mag light on the end of your shotgun for weight which really messes with the swing. I usually love k sized cans and will give up some length.The SiCo Omega 9K is one of my favorite cans and it's tiny. I just can't get the Salvo in a sweet spot I really like. I'm sure someone has an opisite opinion so take mine with a grain of salt. Your application may be different. I will admit, it looks amazing in short config on the end of a KSG.

As far as ammo, everything from 3" buck and slugs to low base walmart specials.

PM me if you have any specific questions I can help with.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top