JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I once worked here in Oregon at a yacht club. They/we would set off our cannon at the drop of a hat.

We never informed anyone when we did it but the fire department and police department knew we had the cannon and they knew about it when we did do it. Our cannon was super loud!

I am sure it would be wise to talk to them yourself.

Call state police and fnd out.
In one state I lived they ahd special permits for dummy rounds applications ( ie 4th of July)
Live Ammo I think required a special Government permit .

When I lived along the north Umpqua river a few years ago, my next door neighbor had one. A LOUD one. He would shoot it off when ladys would be rafting/floating by. He also had full auto machine guns. He was an interesting dude. Rarely saw LE at his house. I think they would come over to shoot the cannon.

MAy want to also check with your insurance about liability if something happens ( explodes)
Would also have it checked out. Some of the metal on old ones tended to come apart in many pieces

If it does not have a self contained round. And is muzzle loading its legal. I have friends who build sell and fire 8lb bowling ball motors and rifled howitzers with up to 2" bores. If its Black powder and muzzle loading its cool.

Now shooting one off in city limits etc. could have other problems since they are a firearm under the law.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top