JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
42325.jpg
BrianHillsboro
Hillsboro
Bronze Supporter

Taking some men of my congregation to the shooting pit at salmonberry, just like to have a contingency plan for trauma care(it'll be safe, this is just for planning purposes) . I tried finding the closest hospital in timber on Google but it just directs me to my local hospitals. Any of you locals that could tell me the closest would be appreciated.

View attachment 596291
BrianHillsboro
Hillsboro
Bronze Supporter

Taking some men of my congregation to the shooting pit at salmonberry, just like to have a contingency plan for trauma care(it'll be safe, this is just for planning purposes) . I tried finding the closest hospital in timber on Google but it just directs me to my local hospitals. Any of you locals that could tell me the closest would be appreciated.
Hi Brian,

There won't be any medical facility in or around Timber. I think the closest place may be in Banks or Forest Grove for an Urgent Care facility. In Banks , there is Adventist Health Urgent Care, and in Forest Grove is Tuality Urgent Care.

Let us know if you find one closer than those. That's a good idea to have a plan in place and know where you need to go in advance .

A CB Radio might help too. Though cell coverage is intermittent in that area it doesn't hurt to have means of communication.

It's good to see someone preparing this way, prior to going shooting. It shows you're responsible and thoughtful of others well being.

We would appreciate a word to your group about a volunteer event this July 20th. Please encourage them to join us, Trash No Land, members of NWFA and Oregon Hunters Assoc for a cleanup of dispersed shooting sites down the Salmonberry Rd. BBQ lunch and prizes are part of the event. When it's done, hang around for the 'After Party'! It's a blast!

Info about the event is in the Events & Get Together section: Salmonberry Rd Cleanup July 20th, 2019

Thanks, Brian. Have a fun and safe time!

Bill

And if you have phone service .
There is always 911 .
Lol we all know how that works .
Latest from downtown Seattle 911 call response time 18 minutes.
Lol good luck out there .
Your on your own BE PREPARED.

It's good to see someone preparing this way, prior to going shooting. It shows you're responsible and thoughtful of others well being.

We would appreciate a word to your group about a volunteer event this July 20th. Please encourage them to join us, Trash No Land, members of NWFA and Oregon Hunters Assoc for a cleanup of dispersed shooting sites down the Salmonberry Rd. BBQ lunch and prizes are part of the event. When it's done, hang around for the 'After Party'! It's a blast!

Info about the event is in the Events & Get Together section: Salmonberry Rd Cleanup July 20th, 2019

Thanks, Brian. Have a fun and safe time!

Bill
Thanks a lot, Bill! I'll pass on the info and also see if I can make it. Sounds awesome!

And if you have phone service .
There is always 911 .
Lol we all know how that works .
Latest from downtown Seattle 911 call response time 18 minutes.
Lol good luck out there .
Your on your own BE PREPARED.
Amen to that! The instructor that taught my TAC/MED class had a tannerite accident up in timber while shooting. They called 911 and since it was a "firearm related" accident they wouldn't send any EMS until an officer had secured the area. When the cop pulled up (45 minutes later)and talked to them briefly, he gave the helicopter the go ahead and was staged a minute away.
Good thing they had tourniquets and chest seals....saved the dudes life.

I have a small kit that I carry duck hunting and Shooting .
Has chest seals 3 tq and tape Cotton swaps.
Basically gun shot wound care or STOP THE BLEED CARE.

Late as usual, but for reference, remember Banks Fire Department is the closest medical service to respond, I believe. Also for an emergency, I would consider Kaiser off hwy 26/185th before Tuality since it is in the heart of Hillsboro.

If it's bad and life threatening, your hauling arse to the nearest cell service and dispatching 911 for further assistance. I highly doubt they'll tell you to go to banks or forest grove urgent care. Most likely they'll tell you to stay put and the closest ambulance will come to you, or meet at a designated stop along 26. Probably banks emt will be first on site while on the phone with st Vincent's life flight crew awaiting the yay or nay. Remember, the closer you get to providence Vincent, the chances of someone surviving a bullet wound, heart attack, Sasquatch mauling:eek:, etc etc, increase dramatically.

If you go by yourself and you can't drive out or radio for help.. lots of ammo at hand, 3 shots at 1 minute intervals, a whistle and lots of talking to god.

Last Edited:
If it's bad and life threatening, your hauling arse to the nearest cell service and dispatching 911 for further assistance. I highly doubt they'll tell you to go to banks or forest grove urgent care. Most likely they'll tell you to stay put and the closest ambulance will come to you, or meet at a designated stop along 26. Probably banks emt will be first on site while on the phone with st Vincent's life flight crew awaiting the yay or nay. Remember, the closer you get to providence Vincent, the chances of someone surviving a bullet wound, heart attack, Sasquatch mauling:eek:, etc etc, increase dramatically.

If you go by yourself and you can't drive out or radio for help.. lots of ammo at hand, 3 shots at 1 minute intervals, a whistle and lots of talking to god.
Great thoughts. Address trauma and call 911 to see where they want me. Last time I was up there I had excellent cell service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top