Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Salmonberry rockpit to be CLOSED

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by giddyupgo55, Jun 29, 2011.

1. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Talked to a man running a D8 cat, and he told me they were going to be crushing up to 15000 yards of rock starting sometime next week. Just thought I would let everybody know.

2. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

Oh man!! I just found out about that place.... I am going to my boys up there today for their first time shooting something besides a bb gun.

3. giddyupgo55

Just got home today. Been in Idaho for the last 10 days, so I haven't been up there. Was the info correct that I was given?

4. soulrider

I did not make it up to the rock pit, I was afraid the geo was going to fall apart....lol..... we shot in another area. OH and I got rid of the Geo and bought a truck :) So my man card has been reinstated....LOL

5. soulrider

I forgot.... There was a lot of fresh gravel on the road, and a couple of work type pick ups, that I seen driving, so they might be

6. My friend went up today and the rockpit is active again. No more shooting. Sucks.

7. Just FYI, if you're familiar with the area, the lower spot is still open.

8. barrigadaharley

barrigadaharley hillsboro Active Member

theres tons of other areas on salmonberry rd past the rock pit to shoot...also across the street on mcgregor and wolf creek road....just gotta know the area so you dont end up spending the night with BIGFOOT...

FA9 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. giddyupgo55

Was up there Tuesday, and talked to one of the workers there, and he told me that when they are done there will be 2 huge piles of crushed rock sitting there. One on each side of the road. Also told me that they were to contor the sides of the pit. He thinks that this is the last time they may use it.