JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I go a couple of times a year to Beaver Dam quarry. Never ventured to Salmonberry Rd. To those of you who have been to both, how they compare? Is Salmonberry Rd. worth the additional distance time? (driving from Hillsboro).

I shoot mostly pistol, so I make good use of the many short-range areas at Salmonberry Rd. If somebody's at the first one I keep going until I find an empty spot. My biggest worry when I shoot at either place is a ND by somebody else nearby, so I like shooting alone.

Another advantage to Salmonberry Rd. is that the first couple areas have soft dirt backstops, with minimal rocks. Once again, for peace of mind.

I think it may be lower altitude and closer to the highway at Salmonberry as well, making it easier to access in Winter.

But for me (Aloha) it's 45 min. to either place.

If you want to go to Salmonberry Rd. take Hy. 26 west until you go past MP32. About 100 yards past the mile marker will be a logging road on your left. That is Salmonberry Rd. You will find a couple of places to shoot within 3/4 mile. If you follow the main road, about 2 miles up will be camp 5 road, turn left about 3/4 mile or so will be the big rock pit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top