JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who's up for some Salmonberry stewardship?

• Total voters
Pretty big crew yesterday, knocked it out and got to the shooting a little sooner than usual. I'm happy to report that my Thor gong target survived its encounter with the .500 Magnum.

It was a good time.
Good times indeed!
This was one of the largest turnouts for a clean-up yet, and the after party WAS a blast!
Thanks to OHA for the burger and dog feast too!
It was fun to get together with everyone again to do a good thing.
Glad to meet new folks and re-acquaint with old friends.
Very cool to see kids getting involved with adult mentors in these activities - and see them choose ammo in the giveaway!
Thanks again to Trash No Land, Northwest Firearms, and (Tualatin) Oregon Hunter's Association.
This is my happy face d:-D

Someone left a saddle chair @Ed Guinn ! I'll enjoy that this hunting season! :D

Let me know when and where we can hook up to get it back to you. I'll carry it with me in the work truck.

Here's my story and I'm sti-sti-sticken to it. (I already posted some pics of the After Party and we'll see more when Rick get his done, so, here's what I posted to our Facebook page)...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
It was a nice turnout of 36 volunteers from Trash No Land, Oregon Hunters Association Tualatin Valley Chapter and Northwest Firearms. The dispersed shooting places along the Salmonberry Rd, in Tillamook State Forest, are now very clean! As they should always be!

Please help to keep it that way. Do your part and Trash No Land!
#StewardshipKeepsItOpen!

7-20-19 1000 1.jpg

7-20-19 1000 2.jpg

7-20-19 1000 3.jpg

7-20-19 1000 4.jpg

7-20-19 1000 5.jpg

7-20-19 1000 6.jpg

7-20-19 1000 7.jpg

7-20-19 1000 8.jpg

7-20-19 1000 9.jpg

7-20-19 1000 10.jpg

7-20-19 1000 11.jpg

7-20-19 1000 12.jpg

7-20-19 1000 13.jpg

7-20-19 1000 14.jpg

7-20-19 1000 15.jpg

7-20-19 1000 16.jpg

7-20-19 1000 17.jpg

7-20-19 1000 18.jpg

7-20-19 1000 19.jpg

7-20-19 1000 20.jpg

7-20-19 1000 21.jpg

7-20-19 1000 22.jpg

7-20-19 1000 23.jpg

7-20-19 1000 24.jpg

7-20-19 1000 25.jpg

@Joe Link , I've given this a couple of days to get the complete list. I think this is it and ready for your green paint brush...

Here's the list of user names who were there. Chime in if I missed you. I'll edit in your name. Later, I'll tag Joe Link for some green.

Let's complete this list for more volunteer recognition all over NWFA...

(This list represents half of all who attended!!!)

@Ed Guinn
@Legs
@CantTouchThis
@Mervin Gross
@pdx1
@coyoteman5
@ted.wen
@wcdubois
@Flymph
@6Corsa6
@Cosimel
@Wifey
@Mikej
@FordPrefect
@citizen a
@Rem700..300
@Reno
@Cogs
@gryghin

Last Edited:
Pretty big crew yesterday, knocked it out and got to the shooting a little sooner than usual. I'm happy to report that my Thor gong target survived its encounter with the .500 Magnum.

My Thor 10" gong was blessed on it's first outing by Rick's "PopGun" S&W 500, w/500gr lead too. Nothing else that day made more than a splash, .223, 308, 45acp, 9mm, even .30 06 from a CMP Garand. The 500mag happened to hit the edge of the gong and took a piece out.

Now, from what I saw, you need to find some way to keep it hanging straight! :D

Here's the list of user names who were there. Chime in if I missed you. I'll edit in your name. Later, I'll tag Joe Link for some green.

@Ed Guinn
@Legs
@CantTouchThis
@Mervin Gross
@pdx1
@coyoteman5
@ted.wen
@wcdubois
@Flymph
@6Corsa6
@Cosimel
@Wifey
@Mikej
@FordPrefect
@citizen a
@Rem700..300
@Reno
@Cogs
Gryghin was there. I have the green Ford Ranger that made the runs to the dumpster. I'm also on the right side of the Backstop Boys photo holding the Springfield M1A.

I feel really really crappy for not being able to make it even though I said I would. I apologize. It's been a struggle the last few weeks.... with moving and such....:(

Alright. Who complained about the noise? Had to prove our age and everything! Who ever made the call.... you're going to get Swat next week! Ha ha!

View attachment 601896

On a more serious note, they are hunting for a potential suicide person who said they'd do it at the Salmonberry Pit today. Dang, that's all we need tonight. On alert for a maroon Tahoe.

Let's hope they find this guy before it goes too far.

Oh crap...! Just saw this. So, getting kinda chilly up there in the waning light and I retrieved my Pendleton throw from my truck, because @Cogs had bought some Pendleton snake oil. Anyway, we had already defended that bottle from an interloper and then the Tillamook posse shows up and THEY started eyeballing it. Criminy! Someone had to keep an eye on the stuff while business was being handled. What fun!

@Joe Link , I've given this a couple of days to get the complete list. I think this is it and ready for your green paint brush...

@Ed Guinn
@Legs
@CantTouchThis
@Mervin Gross
@pdx1
@coyoteman5
@ted.wen
@wcdubois
@Flymph
@6Corsa6
@Cosimel
@Wifey
@Mikej
@FordPrefect
@citizen a
@Rem700..300
@Reno
@Cogs
@gryghin
I have tagged Joe Link with these names. If you were there and don't see your name above, post up so he gets it. Thanks again everyone!

@Ed Guinn
@Legs
@CantTouchThis
@Mervin Gross
@pdx1
@coyoteman5
@ted.wen
@wcdubois
@Flymph
@6Corsa6
@Cosimel
@Wifey