JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who's up for some Salmonberry stewardship?

• Total voters
This cleanup is getting a great response and looks to be a real good turn out. If you can make it, you'll enjoy meeting some great people from Oregon Hunters Association Tualatin Valley Chapter, Northwest Firearms.com forum and members & staff from Trash No Land.org.

OHA: "Protecting Oregon's wildlife, habitat and hunting heritage".
Trash No Land: "Promoting Responsible Shooting on Public Land".
Northwestfirearms: Supporting Gun Owners of the Pacific Northwest".

Yup. Look back through the thread and it looks like about 3-4 of us so far. That should be a large enough posse for holding off the midnight shooters at the big pit. Camp in the parking lot or off to the sides.

What do you think?

I intend to be at the rock pit by 7 Friday night. Be in a truck camper on black Chevy.....

This cleanup is getting a great response and looks to be a real good turn out. If you can make it, you'll enjoy meeting some great people from Oregon Hunters Association Tualatin Valley Chapter, Northwest Firearms.com forum and members & staff from Trash No Land.org.

OHA: "Protecting Oregon's wildlife, habitat and hunting heritage".
Trash No Land: "Promoting Responsible Shooting on Public Land".
Northwestfirearms: Supporting Gun Owners of the Pacific Northwest".
Howdy all. Been awhile. Am active elsewhere (out of the area) but lurking here too.

Planning to make this one and have invited others. Always a good time!

Glad to see OHA teamed up. A member; I've always appreciated the involvement of OHA in political and social issues affecting gun owners statewide.

Thanks Bill!!! Ya'll are rockin' TNL all over the place!

See Ya d:-D

Howdy all. Been awhile. Am active elsewhere (out of the area) but lurking here too.

Planning to make this one and have invited others. Always a good time!

Glad to see OHA teamed up. A member; I've always appreciated the involvement of OHA in political and social issues affecting gun owners statewide.

Thanks Bill!!! Ya'll are rockin' TNL all over the place!

See Ya d:-D
I appreciate your support, Mr. G! Will be great to see you again!

Sounds like we'll have 4-5 campers which is a good enough representation to camp at the Salmonberry pit. I'll be there in the afternoon and set up a base camp. I'll also put out a direction sign on Salmonberry Rd with an arrow pointing to the pit.

Here's the map link to the pit: Google Maps
And the GPS is: 45°45'19.5"N 123°25'08.1"W

A couple things would be helpful to bring;

A side dish for lunch,
Drinking water or soft drinks,
Fold out tables,
A pop up canopy (for shade at lunch and the After Party),
We could use a couple pickups to haul bags to the dumpster.

If I get cellphone signal on Friday, I'll post what I find.

Thanks all,
Bill

A couple things would be helpful to bring;

A side dish for lunch,
Drinking water or soft drinks,
Fold out tables,
A pop up canopy (for shade at lunch and the After Party),
We could use a couple pickups to haul bags to the dumpster.

If I get cellphone signal on Friday, I'll post what I find.

Thanks all,
Bill
I have my pickup I'll be able to help with!
-Larry

After would anyone have time to help me calibrate my new rifles scope? I'm new to hunting and shooting and could really use a mentor!

I'm sure someone could help you with that, but a few questions.... What caliber? I may have a laser sight tool to bore sight the scope that will save ammo. Or is it already bore sighted? I suggest you bring targets, a cardboard box to mount them to, a folding table, chair and a rest (a pack will work). And bullits.....

After would anyone have time to help me calibrate my new rifles scope? I'm new to hunting and shooting and could really use a mentor!

First off. Welcome to the forum, AND one of the clean-ups. It's always a fun time meeting some of the people that post here.

If you've never been to one of these before, you're in for a treat. I have the same issue you do with Wifey's AR. I got the 4-12 X 40 scope mounted and need to get it on paper now. At these clean-ups, after all the cleaning, eating and raffle prizes are handed out people set up to do some shooting. It's can be pretty close quarters with a lot of noise. Part of what makes these after clean-up shoots so popular is all of us are related to NWFA, and people figure we have a more safety conscious bunch. It might be difficult to get a place off to the side where you can stretch out in your own space to get done what you need to. When I did this with the AR and AK I used a laser bore sighter that was tough to see on paper. The wife had to be down range (We were all alone) at lane 4 on the NF wolf creek site looking for the red laser dot. Maybe I went about it all wrong? It just seems weird, me at the table and pointing the rifle down range, (No mag/No ammo) with the wife there showing me where the laser dot was. I didn't have a spotting scope it the time either. Unless I totally missed a more proper way to do this, just thinking it may be difficult to get that rifle on paper at one of these events with so many people around. By all means bring you stuff! You just might find it difficult to get what you need to done though.

I do my laser bore sight in on my kitchen table, aimed at a wall twenty feet away. Can get very close to zero that way, then fine tune at the range with Shoot N See targets, range depending on caliber and load.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top