JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who's up for some Salmonberry stewardship?

• Total voters
I do my laser bore sight in on my kitchen table, aimed at a wall twenty feet away. Can get very close to zero that way, then fine tune at the range with Shoot N See targets, range depending on caliber and load.

I tried it that way too. But it was too far off when we went outdoors. But then, I started at 25 yards at that time. I thought maybe do it at home and get the vertical nailed, then crank it up and see if I could get lucky and hit paper at 25? Still, my point was, to me, it seems like it might be more of a private by yourself thing rather than around a bunch of others shooting tat the same time. Your mileage may vary! :D

20190718_190654.jpg

See you there!

I'm sure someone could help you with that, but a few questions.... What caliber? I may have a laser sight tool to bore sight the scope that will save ammo. Or is it already bore sighted? I suggest you bring targets, a cardboard box to mount them to, a folding table, chair and a rest (a pack will work). And bullits.....
It's a 30-06 savage axis. I dont know if it is already bore sighted or not, I bought it brand new from Cabelas. I have a chair, folding table, I'll find a rest, and I have a 1 foot diameter ar500 plate and a steel pipe diy hanger if that will work as a target?

First off. Welcome to the forum, AND one of the clean-ups. It's always a fun time meeting some of the people that post here.

If you've never been to one of these before, you're in for a treat. I have the same issue you do with Wifey's AR. I got the 4-12 X 40 scope mounted and need to get it on paper now. At these clean-ups, after all the cleaning, eating and raffle prizes are handed out people set up to do some shooting. It's can be pretty close quarters with a lot of noise. Part of what makes these after clean-up shoots so popular is all of us are related to NWFA, and people figure we have a more safety conscious bunch. It might be difficult to get a place off to the side where you can stretch out in your own space to get done what you need to. When I did this with the AR and AK I used a laser bore sighter that was tough to see on paper. The wife had to be down range (We were all alone) at lane 4 on the NF wolf creek site looking for the red laser dot. Maybe I went about it all wrong? It just seems weird, me at the table and pointing the rifle down range, (No mag/No ammo) with the wife there showing me where the laser dot was. I didn't have a spotting scope it the time either. Unless I totally missed a more proper way to do this, just thinking it may be difficult to get that rifle on paper at one of these events with so many people around. By all means bring you stuff! You just might find it difficult to get what you need to done though.
Thank you for your welcome Mike! I'm excited to be apart of the community. I really appreciate people who want to keep our lands clean as they should be. If it will be difficult I can just do it another time. Thank you!

Hardly anyone at Wolf Creek lanes this morning. Salmonberry Rd rather sparse for shooters too. All spots on Salmonberry Rd need some attention. Wolf Creek, lane 3 could use a special detail and a couple pickups.

Going to site in the AR this afternoon, set up camp and enjoy a steak with a short of Pendleton. Hope I wake up tomorrow!

Im not going to make this one. The wife and I celebrate 32 years this coming Thursday and since we both will be stuck at work she wants my undivided attention this weekend. Thanks in advance to all that do help out.

I have the snacks and drinks loaded for lunch time.
Even better I have a nice selection of "adult toys" and plenty of ammo loaded for the after party.
I invited a friend and his daughter along and they are fairly new to shooting so I hope they can make it, they were very excited about it!

As I recall from a few years back there is no long range to shoot, seems like it was around 30 - 40 yards at most?

I have the snacks and drinks loaded for lunch time.
Even better I have a nice selection of "adult toys" and plenty of ammo loaded for the after party.
I invited a friend and his daughter along and they are fairly new to shooting so I hope they can make it, they were very excited about it!

As I recall from a few years back there is no long range to shoot, seems like it was around 30 - 40 yards at most?
Nice! Thank you!

I'm here now and will shoot my range finder. Let you know in a while.

We have 30, 55, 65 & 90 yard shots. There is a big pile of gravel right in the middle of where we had set up the firing line before.

We'll have to set up the firing line in that entry way.

20190719_152807.jpg

The 30 U.S. spot is on the far right end of that pile of gravel.

Do people like Devil Eggs? I can bring them tomorrow.

Oh man, I loved deviled eggs! I have a nose that can smell the 300 yard off.

Hardly anyone at Wolf Creek lanes this morning. Salmonberry Rd rather sparse for shooters too. All spots on Salmonberry Rd need some attention. Wolf Creek, lane 3 could use a special detail and a couple pickups.

Going to site in the AR this afternoon, set up camp and enjoy a steak with a short of Pendleton. Hope I wake up tomorrow!

There's worse ways to go Bill. If you do, know that a lot of us appreciate all you've done and you will be greatly missed. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top