JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got a suggestion to try some outdoor shooting places out near Tillamook and ran into some snags.

I first checked out Salmonberry but it was posted for no target shooting and the sign said the road was closed - nothing blocking it though. (Still lots of gun shots in background so not sure if I read the sign wrong). I'm not to familiar with this place so didn't stop to shoot.

We then checked out the second spot down North Fork Wolf Creek and saw some work being done so decided to turn around looks as though they were cleaning up. Truck, Saws, etc. (Once again we didn't go to far down so not sure if there were shooting spots further back) same here didn't stop.

If anyone has any advice on some nice places to go that are accessible in these areas please let me know. We like to stop off and go shooting on our way out to the coast on the weekends.

Went then to Browns Camp for the first time and checked out the shooting quarry cool place but littered with trash and very crowded. Would go back but would definitely do it earlier in the day.

My go to spot that has hours of NF- roads with tons of backdrops is down Fish Lake dr. down the 224 past promontory campgrounds, Estacada area. Once you go past all the rafting access your in the mountains and spots are left and right.

Got a suggestion to try some outdoor shooting places out near Tillamook and ran into some snags.

I first checked out Salmonberry but it was posted for no target shooting and the sign said the road was closed - nothing blocking it though. (Still lots of gun shots in background so not sure if I read the sign wrong). I'm not to familiar with this place so didn't stop to shoot.

We then checked out the second spot down North Fork Wolf Creek and saw some work being done so decided to turn around looks as though they were cleaning up. Truck, Saws, etc. (Once again we didn't go to far down so not sure if there were shooting spots further back) same here didn't stop.

If anyone has any advice on some nice places to go that are accessible in these areas please let me know. We like to stop off and go shooting on our way out to the coast on the weekends.

Went then to Browns Camp for the first time and checked out the shooting quarry cool place but littered with trash and very crowded. Would go back but would definitely do it earlier in the day.

My go to spot that has hours of NF- roads with tons of backdrops is down Fish Lake dr. down the 224 past promontory campgrounds, Estacada area. Once you go past all the rafting access your in the mountains and spots are left and right.

I know there's some logging activity around North Fork Wolf Creek but I believe you can still shoot at the lanes.

Check here for a few other ideas: Oregon Outdoor Shooting Areas

The Salmonberry signs just pertain to the road and spots outside the shooting areas, I think. Wolf Creek also has lots of no shooting signs around the logging areas, but the lanes themselves are well identified, as are the pits on salmonberry road. Just keep going next time, you'll see them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top