JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a quick question for those that may have had more time to familiarize themselves with the new legislation. Since it appears I-594 is going to pass and I-591 is going to fail, will FFL's be required to collect sales tax on every private gun purchase? Even if it has already had the taxes paid in the state of Washington when it was bought originally?

Who... what... how... Where are you seeing the numbers????

To answer your question, I don't know. Wouldn't it be like buying a vehicle? If you can show proof the taxes have been paid, they can't collect again?

Who... what... how... Where are you seeing the numbers????

To answer your question, I don't know. Wouldn't it be like buying a vehicle? If you can show proof the taxes have been paid, they can't collect again?
Sadly, every single poll I can find has I-594 with a winning margin of 25-40%. Well outside the margin of error. The best poll I can find on I-591 has it with a losing margin of 12%. Also far outside the margin of error.

Dang it!

(the other side of the coin).....

Maybe a heads up to get the word out that rights will soon be lost if 591 is not voted FOR - and 594 voted AGAINST?

Maybe a heads up to go vote if people haven't already voted?

From the voters guide (if you consider that reliable):
https://wei.sos.wa.gov/agency/osos/...neral-Election/Pages/Online-Voters-Guide.aspx
(Click on "Initiative Measure No. 594" and then "Explanatory Statement", last paragraph).

"Sales tax would not apply to the sale or transfer of firearms between people who are not licensed firearms dealers, so long as they comply with all background check requirements. Using a licensed firearms dealer to assist with such sales or transfers would not result in sales or use tax."

Considering its a Use tax and not a sales tax, why would they not have to collect it. If it passes, I don't see it being much different than a car sale.

Edit; Stryker posted before i could hit post. So there's some clarification.

Fellas, if it passes Washington would be going full retard.
Oregon may follow.

Stryker beat me to the punch.
But wait, here's the kicker..
Yes you will be hit with a tax the following political session to pay for even more admin cost.. and that tax will go up, and up..
Thank your politicians.

yup as i read it no taxes on private tranfers.....at least upon enacting. However i would suspect the FFL's may raise thier fees a bit since we have to use them and once the government sees what kind of activity and revenue stream this could be, it wont surprise me that its taxed in the future

From the voters guide (if you consider that reliable):
https://wei.sos.wa.gov/agency/osos/...neral-Election/Pages/Online-Voters-Guide.aspx
(Click on "Initiative Measure No. 594" and then "Explanatory Statement", last paragraph).

"Sales tax would not apply to the sale or transfer of firearms between people who are not licensed firearms dealers, so long as they comply with all background check requirements. Using a licensed firearms dealer to assist with such sales or transfers would not result in sales or use tax."

HaHaHa!!! "From the voters guide (if you consider that reliable)"
That's both hilarious and tragic at the same time!

I have just texted my WA operatives to remind them, YES on 591 and NO on 594! Good luck WA's!

Fellas, if it passes Washington would be going full retard.
Oregon may follow.

Stryker beat me to the punch.
But wait, here's the kicker..
Yes you will be hit with a tax the following political session to pay for even more admin cost.. and that tax will go up, and up..
Thank your politicians.

Shouldn't you be thanking your billionaire demokkkRat elitist masters for buying this legislation?

Shouldn't you be thanking your billionaire demokkkRat elitist masters for buying this legislation?
They should!

Uhg.. And it won't do a damn thing to curb crime.
Wait until the next mass shooting in WA(God forbid) after this passes..
Who will be held accountable then?

Perhaps high capacity assault clips fired from ghost guns shooting 30 boolits in under 1.5 seconds.

Sadly, a large portion of the right was so happy to support unlimited money in politics when the Koch brothers are funding the tea party...but now it has bitten everyone in the bubblegum. The Koch brothers aren't the only ultra-wealthy people that think they know best and now the gates are open for all of them to create their own laws.

Why haven't you done a video about this?
Because I am afraid there is little that can be done. The masses are okay with BG checks and do not consider them infringements. They are also such scared sheep that they are not stopping to evaluate whether or not this new law will actually do any good. They are just believing the tons of false info paid for by big money. The day it was introduced I went on the record of saying it will pass by a large margin...sadly it is looking like I was right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top