JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had they given you the money, and you purchased it as an Oregon resident, then they took delivery, would any one know?

Or is that tax evasion?
Cant buy receivers or pistols as a Oregon resident . Besides that the whole straw purchase thing. No one ever gets caught n that until someone does something stupid with their gun then they burn everyone possible who ever touched that gun. 'Cause the gun did it.

Let me clarify my statement as well. When doing a recent transfer at my LGS, it was 35 bucks. plain and simple. me and another member met in the parking lot, swapped product for cash, and went inside for paperwork.

Now, when I had a gun shipped to the same LGS, it was as follows: $200 for the firearm at GunBroker 25 bucks shipping. LGS charged 35 bucks for transfer, plus 20 bucks for the WA sales tax on the cost of the gun itself. They did not charge me tax on shipping or the transfer, just on the actual sale price of the gun. The LGS confirmed that if I paid the sales tax on gunbroker (and could prove it) then they would have just charged me their 35 buck fee.
I hear you, believe me I am NO fan of all the excuses many Governments come up with to "tax" me. Me not liking it does not change the law though. There is a way to do that and it's not to go online and say it's illegal for those collecting the taxes to do so. Again there are a couple places where I try, as in "TRY" to walk the line with laws. Taxes and firearms are the top of the list. Both have so many damn laws it's often hard to make sure but, I will not just ignore the laws here. Both of these are often enforced by people who are known to make life miserable for those who get caught flaunting the laws. So I try to make sure I do it right. It's why when I see anyone giving "advice" on the legality of stuff like this on the net I warn others. Before you take this "advice" and follow it make damn sure the person giving that advice actually knows what they are talking about. Take the wrong advice and end up in front of a black robe? They will not give a crap who "told you" what you were doing was kosher.:cool:

Yes when I ordered a rifle since my FFL did not have the one I wanted in his inventory, I had to pay sales tax on it already. My FFL wanted to see proof that I paid sales tax so I printed out my order and gave it too him when I saw him for the transfer.
Yep, last gun I bought off GB when I went to my dealer to tell him it was on the way he told me he needed the seller to send an invoice showing what I paid for the firearm since he had to collect WA sales tax on the price I paid for the firearm. I did not ask but was assuming he was protecting himself for the WA tax man by keeping a copy of this. IIRC he did not charge me tax for the shipping costs but, did not really pay much attention. I just wanted the gun, it was "newish" at the time and no dealer here in this state could lay hands on one. I just wanted it bad enough that when another dealer had one at a price I could live with I hit the buy button.

Just remember that when you purchase from a private party out of state to have them supply a note with picture ID that it was a private transaction between you and them. The FFL's are just sending and receiving agents. Saves a lot of sales tax.

Cant buy receivers or pistols as a Oregon resident . Besides that the whole straw purchase thing. No one ever gets caught n that until someone does something stupid with their gun then they burn everyone possible who ever touched that gun. 'Cause the gun did it.
not guns, I meant the furniture.

not guns, I meant the furniture.
Cash would work too

image.png

GB, so far, has a kinda quirky way of recovering sales tax monies collected by sellers. They charged the sales tax funds out of billing cycle. With no note as to what the charge was for. Which I had to kinda ponder over for a while.

If I haven't said it before, I do not care for how GB's site is set up nor how one navigates it.

I've heard this referenced a thousand times, never once saw 'fair share' defined in law.

And you probably will never see it defined in "law".

If you are a commie, it means having two pairs of shoes when someone else doesn't have one pair (unless you are running the place and then it means you find someone who does have two pairs of shoes and then shoot them and take both pairs to show what happens to the rich) and take one pair and beat the snot out of them as an example, which is their fair share.

If you are Biden it means you have two pair of shoes and then raise the taxes on the gas so the little people can't afford to drive to work, and walking wears both pairs out and you riot and steal a pair and then burns the store down as is your right as a downtrodden loser who voted for Biden, which is their fair share.

If you are a Christian, you give 10% to the Church and render unto Ceasar what is Ceaser's, which is their fair share.

If you are Oboma and Moochelle it means putting your kids on the gov't (public) dime and pay them to fly all over the world on the public dime and get paid as "observers", which is only their fair share .

If you are Donald it means cutting taxes, raising wages, bring jobs back to America, Making America Great Again and being voted scammed out of office, having every "pro"-American judge turn pro-Amerikan and stabbing American in the back as "pay-back", but no one knows for what, but is OK as long as they get their fair share.

Hope this helps.

Yep, last gun I bought off GB when I went to my dealer to tell him it was on the way he told me he needed the seller to send an invoice showing what I paid for the firearm since he had to collect WA sales tax on the price I paid for the firearm. I did not ask but was assuming he was protecting himself for the WA tax man by keeping a copy of this. IIRC he did not charge me tax for the shipping costs but, did not really pay much attention. I just wanted the gun, it was "newish" at the time and no dealer here in this state could lay hands on one. I just wanted it bad enough that when another dealer had one at a price I could live with I hit the buy button.
I just went through 3 weeks of hoop jumping on very much the same thing: me, private individual purchasing from NWF seller (FFL) who was selling it for a relative (private individual)....a set up for minor trauma.

Bottom line is that the political hoops can wreak havoc upon an otherwise 'normal' transaction which should have been straight forward.

If the Oregon-to-Washington sale is a private sale, then the FFL brokering the transfer from OR to WA *must* provide an affidavit that it is not a dealer sale, and that the sale is between 2 private parties (not FFL or dealer).

Well, the nightmare started when I logged onto my WA FFL gun store website and documented that they should be expecting a Glock 19 from Albany OR. It was to be a private sale.

The OR FFL (again, helping their relative) corrected me and instructed me to correct my 'application' to show the pistol was a dealer transaction. Trusting their experience, I amended my log with my WA FFL.

When I went to pay for the G19 I was assessed 10% WA sales tax pushing the used G19 gen 5 price above $700. I had to fight this for 3 weeks while trying to get the OR FFL to provide follow up affidavit that the pistol was being sold between two private parties.

Lesson learned. I won't trust the out of state FFL anymore unless I call the shots on what documentation is needed. It's not their fault (despite their "oh I've done this dozens of times") that they are not in sync with the blockades put up by WA Dept of Revenue).

I dont believe in progressive taxation. If it costs 10 trillion to run a country for a year and you have 350 million living in it then your'e all on the hook for 28 grand. OK. Corporate taxes pay most of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top