JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Colt 6920 LE 5.56/223 (1 Scoped with red dot) , CZ 223 (scoped) and Remington 700 223 (scoped). The current bargains in rifles, components and ammo is very attractive, but I stocked up before the Hillary Bust. My ammo supply is very good. But I am anxious over these attractive prices. Any ideas what I should buy?

Too much information provided to give any reasonable firearms buying advice except to buy it all, buy everything you can afford, and if you can't afford it, buy it on credit. Stack it deep. That is all.

Too much information provided to give any reasonable firearms buying advice except to buy it all, buy everything you can afford, and if you can't afford it, buy it on credit. Stack it deep. That is all.

Good advice on buying if you can. Disagree on buying on credit, but that's always a personal choice.

It is certainly a buyers market. I'm hoping it will continue to be so until early 2019. Mid to late 2019, I expect the market to fluctuate. How crazy will depend upon whom the democrats nominate.

Many factors can cause the market to go wonky in an instant though.

My primary concern is the presidential race, as that will factor in on how much support our crazy democrats get here in Oregon to strip out our 2A.

Am actually surprised Krazy Kate hasn't allready pushed for more "emergency" legislation.

We're not on a wait and see attitude in our house, but stocking up wisely.

Recommendations for lower receivers? I'd likely buy moderate to high quality vs low end. Suggestions?
There are tons of articles and discussions on quality of lowers. Much of it is only opinion based on a roll mark that people like. From what I've seen, read, and heard, Aero Precision is very good quality. They are also an OEM and private label. I've heard that they make lowers for Spikes as well as others. Not sure how you personally define high quality, but Aero components do have a very good finish and don't have problems with holes being off or machined incorrectly. I would consider them to be in the high end of the mid range or moderate products. They do have some unique roll marks and colors they introduce as limited edition every couple of months so it pays to check their web site often if that's something that interests you. Once in awhile there are some killer deals on complete lowers.

As I mentioned at the beginning, this is only one persons experience and opinion and is worth exactly what you paid for it, or slightly less if you got it on sale! :D

Have one very good rifle for each responsible person. Have enough serious ammo. Lots of practice ammo. Train. Train. Train. The training costs alone will be greater than the rifle purchase. Try to select just one rifle platform for everybody. Save lots of time and effort.

Sounds like you have selected the AR15 platform. Nothing wrong with that. Now consider laying off some good professional instruction and training to ALL who might be exposed to whatever during and after the SHTF. Usually a sobering endeavor. Not comfy thinking.

Do not forget the armorer stuff. Spare parts, tools, books, mags and lots of cleaning gear. When you have addressed most of the possible situations regarding the absolute necessity of owing and bearing an AR 15 rifle, then start to consider thinking about other stuff.

More sobering and non comfy thinking. Also easy to fixate on firearms and not on all the other many many things needed to be thunked about and addressed. Sorry for the lecture. It is distressing to see many people only go to the gun. Lots of other needed things needed.

Respectfully. Sorry for the rant. Right now I am taking too much time on this computer. I should be going through our bug out bags. Lots of small fires burning in SW OR USA. Small wildfires can become big wildfires. I do not feel comfy right now. Thus this bad ranting post.

Sorry. :(

Colt 6920 LE 5.56/223 (1 Scoped with red dot) , CZ 223 (scoped) and Remington 700 223 (scoped). The current bargains in rifles, components and ammo is very attractive, but I stocked up before the Hillary Bust. My ammo supply is very good. But I am anxious over these attractive prices. Any ideas what I should buy?
Glad the Hillary Bust went flat eh.o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top