JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mitchell Clays

Four Corners Rod and Gun Club

then down to

Albany Gun Club

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club

Private Property outside City limits

National Forest land

During hunting season The Willamette Green Way if you have a shotgun and deer tag.

Is there anyone who would like to PM me with detailed directions to some good OUTDOOR shooting areas near Salem (ie: within say 30 miles).

I would like to state for the record that I am not an a-hole bubba shooter who will divulge the spot to a gaggle of others, pack in a bunch of garbage and then leave it there, or make a general nuisance of myself. My brothers live in in the Salem area, and I'd like to plan a family outing to do some target practice. I pack out what I pack in, as well as picking up extra trash. Wherever I go, I always manage to pack out at least a full 33gal garbage bag full of people's crap.

Thank you!

Thanks to those who replied! I know exactly where that road is off the highway, having driven past it more times than I can remember. Never drove up there through. I'll check it out!

There are dozens of rock quarry's around Salem I drive dump truck in and out of almost all of them. I can't think of any you could shoot at or even be in without business there.

I met a guy with some land near Turner that I can go to sometimes to test fire new guns. Real flat area too close to barns and homes so can only shoot downward into the ground to be safe. There's some small backstop areas so I can do a little close range targets.
Otherwise, your best bet might be to go with a friendly smile and ask politely if you can shoot on peoples property, thats how i met this guy.
I haven't gone out gooseneck rd yet, but I sometimes go up Scotts Mills area, other side of Stayton, or theres some good spots near North Fork area.

I've been wanting to call the quarry managers to beg them nicely if I could shoot there on the days they're closed, haven't done it yet. I should probably ask in person with a 12-pack.

None of the active rock quarrys in the Salem area will allow you on the property when they are not in operation. Their insurance would never allow it. Like I said unless you have business with them they wouldn't even want you there in the middle of the work day standing there looking at birds. I have worked with some of these people for 13 years and when I asked about coming on to the property to photograph birds I was told absolutely not no one is allowed on the property unless they are working or conducting business with the office or shops.

Is there anyone who would like to PM me with detailed directions to some good OUTDOOR shooting areas near Salem (ie: within say 30 miles).

I would like to state for the record that I am not an a-hole bubba shooter who will divulge the spot to a gaggle of others, pack in a bunch of garbage and then leave it there, or make a general nuisance of myself. My brothers live in in the Salem area, and I'd like to plan a family outing to do some target practice. I pack out what I pack in, as well as picking up extra trash. Wherever I go, I always manage to pack out at least a full 33gal garbage bag full of people's crap.

Thank you!

Could i get the directions too please ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews