JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, Ive also considered doing a demonstration outside of the local offices of the legislators... but always wanted to avoid guys showing up in full kit or even open carrying. Get a lot of push back... but this is really a hearts and minds battle, changing minds especially.

Having the stereotypical gun nut image there is the only thing that will get attention and defeats the purpose. Like when they do a piece on 'militias' they will always find the one guy saying something about Jews or something or the 300lb guy that gets winded crossing the street.

My goal in any pro-gun activism is to deny the antis any stereotypes and deny them any opportunities for negative coverage

Backpack AR pistol + CCW it is then.

Backpack AR pistol + CCW it is then.

Or maybe this... :cool:
20190112_161936.jpg

Who is sponsoring the rally Tuesday ?

This is the whole email I received today. It does not mention a sponsor.

mail.jpg

Join Us
For a Yellow Vest
Second Amendment Rally
at the Capitol in Salem

Tomorrow

Tuesday, January 15 from 9:00am-1:00pm
Starting time changed to 11 AM.

There are already several bills that have been submitted for the 2019 Legislature to undermine your Second Amendment rights. You can fight back.

• Join us for a Yellow Vest Second Amendment Rally on the Capitol Steps on Tuesday, January 15 from 9:00am-1:00pm.
  • Stay tuned for more ways to let your legislators know what you think of what they are doing to our Second Amendment rights.

Last Edited:
Going to make the drive up again....not sure when will arrive, have a 8am appoint I
have to take but driving up after. I am not a fan of rallies but I do go to them non the less.

PATRIOTS:

The plan is to meet at the Capitol in Salem on Tuesday, January 15th 9AM to 3PM and rally. Also present a redress of grievances to Sen and House Leaders. That list is LONG! PLEASE bring Gadsden flags....and-- if you want to-- wear yellow shirts or yellow vests. We are going to stand up to Oregon government and tell them NO MORE or expect recalls and Initiative Petitions.
There will also be a nationwide rally on May 10 at all the State Capitols across the nation. That will be the same premise as we do in January.
ARE YOU IN?

The time has been changed to 1100, for those that need to travel.

Last Edited:
This is the whole email I received today. It does not mention a sponsor.

View attachment 537683

Join Us
For a Yellow Vest
Second Amendment Rally
at the Capitol in Salem

Tomorrow

Tuesday, January 15 from 9:00am-1:00pm

There are already several bills that have been submitted for the 2019 Legislature to undermine your Second Amendment rights. You can fight back.

• Join us for a Yellow Vest Second Amendment Rally on the Capitol Steps on Tuesday, January 15 from 9:00am-1:00pm.
  • Stay tuned for more ways to let your legislators know what you think of what they are doing to our Second Amendment rights.

It was initiated by III%, Time has been changed to 1100 to accommodate those needing to travel.

Yellow Vest Rally for Constitutional Government

The rallies need to be on days when people can show up. I'd LOVE to be there, but have a work commitment that I can't get out of. If it were this weekend, hell yes! I applaud those that will be there and bless you all!

The politicians don't give a damn about us being there while they are in session. They don't give a damn about us at all. They have an agenda, one they kept from their normal fall disclosure and they are going to cram it down our throats regardless. They don't care about making us unhappy. What they care about is the money they are getting for selling us out.

If we do this on a weekend we will get numbers, and numbers get attention. Instead of an impotent showing which will tell the politicians and the rest of Oregon through news coverage that we a fringe that doesn't matter, we could have hundreds. Hundreds would make people think a bit.

We also have to stop doing this only during the beginning of the legislative session. We need to also do this during good weather (again turnout size). Make it a party - tailgate - do whatever we can to get numbers. Make it a message throughout the year and make it big enough to be covered on the nightly news. This gets opportunities to get spokespeople in front of the public. We need public support to put pressure on politicians or we continue to lose.

Is anyone going to be live broadcasting this so we can get some other exposure on our side? Those who cannot attend can still show support and it would help raise awareness.

I went to the rally. Maybe 200 people there?

20190115_112229.jpg

The presentations were very good and very convincing. Too bad our enemies in the Capitols, both Salem and D.C. couldn't hear them.

Also, I have been very pro-active in 2A issues since the early seventies, but I did not recognize a single name or a single face today. Looks to be a lot of people pulling for the same thing, but not sharing notes or combining efforts.

There was a KGW-TV camera there today, doing interviews and covering the rally. Neither KGW or NBC is our friend, so I wouldn't expect to see anything worthwhile on the news. Update... I saw the video clip from the news and it actually did a fair job of exposing how far reaching these potential laws could be. So, if a feller still hates guns and gun owners, he will applaud. At the same time, maybe the folks that do care, but otherwise stand back and watch, just might decide to finally take a stand.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads