JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, i stopped in before going out to play today. Small place but I like the stuff he had and seemed reasonable.

Very little black rifle stuff. More old school. Which is the way I like it.

Called 12th street gun shop.

I believe they are open Tues - Sat 10-6
They are right near the glove company on 12th. Think Salem Hoonda BMW motorcycle shop on 13th, except it is over on 12th. East side of street.

I dropped in for a quick look around. Wish I'd been able to talk a while.

A bit of sticker shock. I haven't purchased in many years so I know I need to catch up and cannot say whether the prices are good or not.

I am going to have to track pricing comments here and in other forums so I know whether I should be passing or am just living in the past.

Here's a couple of pics of the interior of the "12th Street Gun Shop" for those that haven't gotten to stop by as yet. I've known Bill Lewis (the owner) for probably 20+ years and I'm sure you will find him to be as friendly, helpful and knowledgeable gun junkie as you will ever come across. It may be a small shop but you will be amazed by his inventory as it isn't your normal run of the mill merchandise. Great collection of "wood and steel" military types as well as a wide selection of hunting rifles. He has more Ruger #1's in stock than any shop I can think of regardless of size. Definitively worth your time checking it out. :s0155:

P7231263.jpg
P7231261.jpg

12th Street Gun Shop also has a Facebook page where they frequently post pictures of new arrivals.

Bill had a shop in Redmond Oregon about 12 years ago called "The Gun Nut and Shooters Hut". He closed it down to dedicate time to help his son get into the family business which was the nursery trade. Bill retired a few years back and the shop was his passion project for retirement. It's a lot smaller than his first shop because it's all guns, a few scopes and little else, but the quality is exceptional, and he loves to buy sell and trade a lot! He prices guns to move not collect dust and believes in keeping the inventory constanly changing to keep people coming in to see what's new. :s0155:

I stopped in to have him look at a gun i acquired that i didn't know to much about i didn't have it with me the first time i stopped by so he told me to stop by with the rifle the next day,and if i wanted to stop by before the store opened he would be there to look at it and give me a est. value and condition. i stopped by the next morning at 9:30 and he was there as promised to looked the rifle over and gave me some info about it. i had my son with me and he's 6 other fathers/mothers know how 6 year old boy can be. Bill was about the nicest guy in the gun industry that i have ran into and was equally nice to my son. His shop is a little small but it is loaded with quality firearms and great cust. service i will definitely be back to do business with him.

I bought my M1 Carbine from bill at a gun show in Portland. He let me put some money down to hod it and pay off the next month. Great guy! He met me on a sunday to pick it up. I was curious when I saw the gun shop sign on his truck. Went there a few weeks ago. Walked in and there's Bill! Nice shop, lots of wood and steel, old school stuff. I ended up buying two rifle from him a couple of weeks later. Great customer service! Speak up when talking to him, he's put a lot of rounds downrange! My wife even likes his shop.

Bill Lewis is a real "gun guy", knows his firearms, and has the right approach; he's interested in moving/selling/trading/consigning firearms at prices that will create movement. Very friendly and knowledgable. Long time member of several local/area ranges & gun clubs. Not to be confused with the Nazi-***-hole at Guncrafters. If you want black gun stuff, go to Blackwater, but if you want more "conventional" items, give him a try, you'll most likely be glad you did.

Bill Lewis is a real "gun guy", knows his firearms, and has the right approach; he's interested in moving/selling/trading/consigning firearms at prices that will create movement. Very friendly and knowledgable. Long time member of several local/area ranges & gun clubs. Not to be confused with the Nazi-***-hole at Guncrafters. If you want black gun stuff, go to Blackwater, but if you want more "conventional" items, give him a try, you'll most likely be glad you did.

He also knows about "black gun" stuff, just doesn't carry all the tacticool accessories some people seem to need for their AR.

Just stopped in for the first time last week. WOW! Small store, big selection. Guns (lots of them) and a few scopes. Just what a gun store should be. No beef jerky, fishing gear or cammies.
I bought the nicest Mauser I have ever seen:

0.jpg

The comments have been right on. Very good selection of firearms. The only thing I don't think he would carry would be Rossi Products. He does not hold them in high reguard. If you want to see the most varied selection of guns around he definetly provides it. He is very knowledgable, so therefore he knows his prices very well and ask's a premium but again I have to say that the guns he has are in excellent condition for their age/use. Also he is much easier to talk with (enjoyable even) when discussing price than others located near by and I am not talking about Blackwater Tactical!!!! Those guys are good guys in my book and by the way have been very supportive of the LEO community along with private citizens.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top