JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wholly disagree with that idea. The gun owners in California did that a few years back ...on street corners and malls and they scared and pissed everyone off.
So, the legislature in Sacramento, passed a new law of no Open Carry .....period. They screwed themselves ....and that can easily happen here.

My goal is to respectfully influence, but don't agitate and instigate.

Yes. Respectful influence has worked so well for us to this point. When those who have a backbone agitate and instigate, I find it necessary to go piddle in the corner while shaking uncontrollably. [Sarcasm intended]

Awesome. Another excuse for the mall ninjas and internet tough guys to throw on their gats and walk around in public marveling at how cool they are. I wonder if we will have the same winners Washington had walking around at low ready and wearing gas masks? I am sure we will all benefit from another "open carry" rally. Can't wait for the cringe worthy pictures the Oregonian plasters all over as they mock firearms enthusiasts in general.

HUNDREDS of Oregon Gun Rights Advocates Rally Against New Laws – Will Not Comply
Posted by Gateway Guest Blogger on Saturday, May 30, 2015, 4:33 PM

Guest post by Michael Strickland

Approximately 1000 gun rights supporters rallied in Salem, Oregon, against the new "universal background check" law, SB 941. The bill was signed into law by Governor Kate Brown earlier in May.

Speakers included state legislators Mike Nearman, Bill Post, and Senator Kim Thatcher, along with Kevin Starrett of the Oregon Firearms Federation, Yamhill County Commissioner Mary Starrett, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer, Kit Lange and Anthony Bosworth of the Washington LFA and III%ers, and Mike Vanderboegh of Sipsey Street Irregulars, who broke the Fast & Furious Case.

Ralliers will refuse to comply with the new law and will continue to buy, sell, trade, and exchange firearms without going through the background check system. Opponents of the bill say that it infringes on the 2nd Amendment and law enforcement professionals, such asPalmer and many other county Sheriffs, say that it is unenforceable, as no one would know if the law was being broken if 2 people conduct a firearms transfer in their garage or in a parking lot.

Despite my wife's concerns, no one got shot today :) If we are such the evil people why were there only 2 sheriff's deputies assigned to the rally and they mostly hung out in the park?

Watching people drive by the rally I saw about 50/50 thumbs up and middle fingers. The small little lady that drove half way down the block before opening her window to yell "F you!" was cute. The guy on the bike that yelled something only to have part of the bike break off a few feet later was funny too.

Also interesting to see which groups were there. OFF and Oath keepers.

Seems there aren't too many more "Fair Weather" 2nd amendment supporters either. I guess all that's left to do is bow down and lick the demokkkRat boots, that will stomp what's left of your freedoms out,,,

Weekend, sunny weather, pathetic turn out,,, :rolleyes:

I was there. I estimate about 200-250 people showed up. I think if there was more time to get word out and not just rely on a forum and facebook there would have been a larger turn out. 3 weeks to plan a rally from scratch is a little short imo. I think we should hold another one on the weekend after 941 takes full effect. I bet we would see a much larger turn out then.

Watching people drive by the rally I saw about 50/50 thumbs up and middle fingers. The small little lady that drove half way down the block before opening her window to yell "F you!" was cute. The guy on the bike that yelled something only to have part of the bike break off a few feet later was funny too.

Also interesting to see which groups were there. OFF and Oath keepers.

Hm.. I think I heard the guy on the bicycle. Yelled something about flag burning or such. I wasn't paying attention to the people driving by, so I missed the thumbs and middle fingers. Would have been interesting to see who the middle finger wavers were.

Seems there aren't too many more "Fair Weather" 2nd amendment supporters either. I guess all that's left to do is bow down and lick the demokkkRat boots, that will stomp what's left of your freedoms out,,,

Weekend, sunny weather, pathetic turn out,,, :rolleyes:

Some like myself were at a our children's baseball game. When there is one vehicle for the family, spouse is working... makes it difficult to make everyone happy.

I was there. I estimate about 200-250 people showed up. I think if there was more time to get word out and not just rely on a forum and facebook there would have been a larger turn out. 3 weeks to plan a rally from scratch is a little short imo. I think we should hold another one on the weekend after 941 takes full effect. I bet we would see a much larger turn out then.

Then just out of curiosity, where do you suppose the Gateway Pundit guy got his crowd size estimate? I'm not challenging your estimate. I'm wondering out loud where the 1,000 bodies estimate came from? There certainly aren't 1,000 people in the image above.

QUOTE="Dave Workman, post: 1279707, member: 8958"]Then just out of curiosity, where do you suppose the Gateway Pundit guy got his crowd size estimate? I'm not challenging your estimate. I'm wondering out loud where the 1,000 bodies estimate came from? There certainly aren't 1,000 people in the image above.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing he got that estimate off of the facebook page event that was set up for the rally. A bit over 1000 people said they were going to attend according to the event tracker on the page. Or they could have pulled it out of thin air to make it seem like the event was bigger than it actually was.
I

To get a bigger rally, you're going to have to do more than forum and Facebook advertising. Most gun owners probably don't frequent these forums, and many people (like me) hate Facebook.

I wouldn't have known about this rally if I didn't read these forums.

Then just out of curiosity, where do you suppose the Gateway Pundit guy got his crowd size estimate? I'm not challenging your estimate. I'm wondering out loud where the 1,000 bodies estimate came from? There certainly aren't 1,000 people in the image above.

Perhaps a thousand total, just not at the same time

I couldn't be there due to a wedding we had to attend. But I did attend the rally in February. I can say this rally had much better turnout than that one - but that one was held on a weekday and the weather was pretty rotten. I'm glad a lot of folks were able to make it. Maybe if we really want some attention, there should be a similar rally right in the heart of downtown PDX, in Pioneer Courthouse Square. That would certainly get the anti's riled up - and there would be plenty in the area to show how intolerant and angry they really are ;) You might even get a bigger turnout since many folks live closer in to the PDX metro area. Might even pull in some Vancouver folks for support too.

I was at the February rally. I was the fat guy setting in a chair with the oversize umbrella holding it sideways against the wind and rain
I didn't make this rally as I was, and have been collecting Val Hoyle recall signatures at Gun Runner Arms in Junction City and they are open 7 days a week.
I tried to make the Coos Bay rally but remembered it to late in the morning when I arrived in Coos Bay it was already over.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews