Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Salem "I Will Not Comply" Rally - May 30th

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Xader, May 5, 2015.

1. Xader

Xader Columbia Gorge, Oregon Member

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

It wouldn't surprise me if the Governor waited until the following Monday to sign it into law so everyone winds up wasting their time... :rolleyes:

WasrNwarpaint and Karen Payne like this.
  3. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

True, do this after the law is passed as a sign of resistance.

Tacticool22, jluck and Solved like this.
  4. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

I appreciate very much rumblings of Civil Disobedience, but in reality almost all Gun Owners are law-abiding and will grudgingly obey the new law. Let's face it.. We're outnumbered in Oregon. Short of a coup in Salem, these laws are here to stay for generations to come and will likely get worse. I blame the voters more than I do the elected officials who passed this law. Liberals have had over 20 years to build an electorate who are too stupid, too scared, too apathetic, and too lazy to care about many individual freedoms and liberty. Changing state politics is not impossible, but make no mistake, it will be a long, hard slog....

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Just like up here in Washington. Way too many Liberals and "I am better than everybody" elitist gun owners voted for I-594 up here. We had our own "I will not comply" rally and it basically turned into a joke with the politicians. They don't care. Every gun owner I know voted against it but it still passed. Now I have turned all my efforts into manufacturing my own stuff from 80% receivers. I have built several AK's, several HK's, a few MAC's, and now I am building my own 1911 from an 80%er. After that I am going to build a 9mm Suomi with an 80% receiver. I already have the kit. It gives a sense of self pride to be able to put something together that function like it supposed to. There are a lot of different 80% receivers for many different guns. A little education and some tooling and off you go..........It is pretty hard to stop your personal manufacture. Each day somebody comes up with another technique to make your build easier. Just search you tube and you will be surprised on what you can find.

6. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

So this law has NOT been signed yet?????????????:confused:

7. Talin

Talin Hwy 30 Active Member

Not yet, but i'm sure we will know the SECOND it does.

8. ZA_Survivalist

I hope there is a massive gang shooting or massacre.. We should figuratively position ourselves atop the fallen bodies to better mount the podium to state our case yet again these bubbleguming laws do NOTHING to stop crime.

Seems to work for the antis when it falls in their favor.. Why not ours?

9. NoFlinch

No...............Really..................Come On...................Tell us..............

How do you really feel?:D:D:D:D:D:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

It is, for the lack of another printable word that will turn in to "bubblegum", frustrating to see all this go down, isn't it...........:mad::(:mad::(

Tacticool22 likes this.
  10. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Just like here in Washington. There was an I will not comply protest, but now everybody goes through an ffl, so much for the I will not comply.

Tacticool22 and NoFlinch like this.
  11. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Mayor Katz
    Mayor Whoop Whoop!
    Gov Kitzhaber
    Legal weed
    Bio fuel
    Spotted owl protection
    Bear and Cougar and Wolves, oh my!
    and this list isn't complete by any means...
    DMV computers.........:eek:

12. NoFlinch

Is it just me, or is anyone else totally confused by RB's posts tonight?:confused::confused:

v0lcom13sn0w likes this.
  13. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Its all good,, from this day forward, any firearm transaction i make privately will come with a receipt dated sometime between Jan. 1st, 2005 and April 30th, 2005….:D

14. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Sorry NoFlinch! Got all wound up and foregot where I was!
    All those voters who sought to co-operate, conciliate, co-laborate, get along!

Mayor Katz
    Mayor Whoop Whoop!
    Gov Kitzhaber
    Legal weed
    Bio fuel
    3-strikes
    Capitol punishment
    Spotted owl protection
    Bear and Cougar and Wolves, oh my!
    and this list isn't complete by any means...
    DMV computers$$$.........:eek:

Only a little pissed, so far.
    but not too far to go...

NoFlinch likes this.
  15. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Well then, perhaps instead of another rally, we turn it into a classroom experience? PO'd? just don't get up and give a speech to the choir. But how to get organized in the community and get active?!

Sputnikfell and NoFlinch like this.
  16. Warthog

Warthog Turner, OR Active Member

So dose anyone know where Indian reservations fall under state law? I do believe they are sovereign nations, which mean you just need to meet at a Indian Res. to do your trades or sales. That's how they get to sell illegal fireworks, they fall under federal law, not state. (don't quote me on this, but I am 99% sure) If anyone else knows for sure please add.

17. Stomper

So just head over to Spirit Mountain and transact in the parking lot.... BRILLIANT!

ibrook and Dyjital like this.
  18. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Just don't get busted by the Indian Leo. I think you would be in deeper dodo if you do.

Dyjital likes this.
  19. Stomper

I have only ever seen their "Paul Blarts" running around out there, but I hear you.

20. ZA_Survivalist

Oh man! They could make bank if they allowed firearm sales transfers. Perhaps sold a "pass" to folks who like to do business selling/trading their firearms.

When done on their land (and in private) there is no way of knowing what went to who.

However firearms on Indian land is a BUG no no unless you have permission.

Stomper likes this.