JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This just "urks" me....

anti-gun2.jpg

Is the Hospital city owned? If it is then it is a public building and that is an illegal rule by them. If it is privately owned then they are within their right to post this.

It is unlawful to possess a firearm loaded or unloaded in a public
building. “Public building” means a hospital, capitol building, a
public or private school, college or university, a courthouse, city hall,
or residence of any state official and the grounds adjacent to each
such building. This restriction does not apply to individuals licensed
under Oregon law to carry concealed weapons
No county, city or other municipal corporation or district may
enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning
ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition,
transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of
firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof,
including ammunition

Is the Hospital city owned? If it is then it is a public building and that is an illegal rule by them. If it is privately owned then they are within their right to post this.

It is unlawful to possess a firearm loaded or unloaded in a public
building. "Public building" means a hospital, capitol building, a
public or private school, college or university, a courthouse, city hall,
or residence of any state official and the grounds adjacent to each
such building. This restriction does not apply to individuals licensed
under Oregon law to carry concealed weapons
No county, city or other municipal corporation or district may
enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning
ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the sale, acquisition,
transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of
firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof,
including ammunition

Which reminds me of the guy at WOU that went through a raft-o-crud for carrying on campus, or the school teacher in Medford...which started the news organizations to start requesting CHL permit holder's information.

BTW...I never said I abide by Salem Hospitals B.S. "rule", just irritated they never quoted ORS code with an exception. They get a big fat one finger wave from yours truly....

And I just have to point out the line...."other dangerous weapons". That makes me laugh...no ball point pens allowed, that can be a weapon to poke an eye out. Guess if you need to go to the hospital you better strip down to your birthday suit first...

ALL hospitals are anti-gun. When I was in the Military we had to disarm before entering an Army medical facility.

Same thing I was gonna say. We'd always have to have at least two guys to go on an ambulance run, one to go in with the patient, the other to stay and guard the weapons. This was true at every military base and every civilian hospital we transported to.

Some of the Portland area hospitals/clinics/satellite facilities are anti also, while some within the same parent system don't have signs. Not sure what that is all about unless it is up to the local administator even within the same system. I have never seen any language regarding "reasonable searches". "Reasonable" is one of the newer code words for lib-stupid. It would be a cold cold day in ****...

No exception for LEO? And you can't hide your gun in a balloon either? Damn, there goes that strategy.

Pretty hard to hide your full size 1911 when you are standing in your birthday suit and one of those gowns. :)

As someone that is in that facility on an almost daily basis for work purposes (I am not an employee of salem health to be clear), I can assure you that the amount of staff (medical and admin) that carry in violation of that rule are numerous. I don't want to out anyone though, so I'm being purposely vague.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top