JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here recollect downtown Salem gun sellers over the years?

I am going nuts trying to figure out where I was in Salem maybe as much as 10 years ago and ran across a small shop selling guns maybe somewhere near the Owens or Ferry and High Street area.

Only shop I know of anywhere near that area that sold guns would be Nopps Star Exchange on Commercial. They are a Pawn shop/Jewler store.

Owen is 3-4 blocks South of Mission off Commercial and is the street that leads to South River Road. Guncrafters used to be in that area on Commercial. They are now on 13th just South of Pringle.

There used to be a Knife shop in the area you talk about off Ferry St. I don't know if they ever had any firearms for sale.

And of course many years back there was Andersons. But they were huge multifloor sportings goods store.

I been in the Salem area for 55 years.

Anderson sporting goods use to sell guns many years ago and they moved a few times.

When I say many years ago at least 40 and as recently as 30 years ago.

I can remember Ole's Gunshop over in the strip mall by Pietros' Pizza (if still there) at Market St. and I-5.

Wow I totally forgot about Anderson's downtown. That's probably what the OP is about. Ole's is still in business- just harder to find since his shop is behind his house in a residential neighborhood: 1198 Walker Rd NE, Salem, OR

Les Newmans Mens Work clothes (still on commercial st) and BOB's Burgers I got more tickets crusing around BOBs on Capital then anywhere else.

But I think as I said the shop the OP is asking about near Owen St has to be Guncrafters that was on Commercial just South of Owen on the east side of the street.

Silver fox.

I found it interesting you had mentioned that you worked at the Anderson Sporting Good's in Corvallis, I too worked for Anderson Sporting Goods from about 1991 to approximately 1995. I worked at both the Lancaster Mall store and at the main store.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top