Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Salem gun show 12/22 & 12/23

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by HBIII, Dec 22, 2012.

1. HBIII

HBIII Wilsonville Active Member

Anyone going? Dumb question I am sure.

If you are there or have went, let us know how it is.

2. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

I too would be curious to hear stories of craziness. This whole buying frenzy is quite entertaining to watch...

3. Nanavic97

Nanavic97 Oregon, United States Member

Crazy busy and overpriced. Lots of knives, earrings, ceramic pigs and bears possibly a good deal, I'm not into those items much. Oh and new in package pmags for 60. Mom and pop vendors. There were some older rifles but I don't know about those. Nwammo wanted $20 for 20 .223 of tactical ammo I think was the brand. Rifle cases. Used metal mags for $20. Saw a few used mini 14s for $1200.

4. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

Oh well, looks like I will not be giving the gun shows any business for a while. P.T. Barnum was right... There is a sucker born every minute.

5. HBIII

HBIII Wilsonville Active Member

I am so in the market for ceramic pig! Hahaha

So not worth the trip I take it. Though I am tempted to sell an AR myself there... :devil:

6. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

$2,200 Bushmaster AR... what a deal.

7. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

I posted in the other thread but yeah it was very busy, long line to get in and $60 pmags. Berkey water filters and survival foods too.

8. Hank1215

Hank1215 Oregon New Member

In and out in less than 15 minutes. Felt more like a garage sale.

Nanavic97 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Nanavic97

Nanavic97 Oregon, United States Member

If you did it would most likely be worth your trip. Especially if you have a credit card reader.

10. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Was there today, what a waste. The last Eugene show I went to, which had the least guns of any show I have ever been to, had 4x more guns than this one. Let alone the very high prices.

Now, if you want survival food, jewelry or a knife, it might be worth your while.

11. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

At 9:00 am when the doors opened the line was at least 100 yards long. Maybe 20 ARs in the whole place with a good portion of those for display only. One table had about 10 lowers, that looked like they came in the box with a barbie doll, selling for $300 and they were gone instantly.

Plenty of jewelry, pillows, fiberglass showers, bicycles, etc.

Don't know if they will even have any guns left to sell tomorrow.

12. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

We went saw a lot of new price tags on stuff. A bunch of way over priced things. And a few with prices spot on. I checked out a Cimarron 1911 that was prices $3.00 over the companies web site and only a few more over Bud guns. There were a number of good deals on pistols like RUger LCP's for $279.00

And then there were the $1450.00 and 1250.00 Winchester M1 carbines. Stupidly over priced.

We bought a couple nice gun rugs and headed to Olies Gun Shop. My son bought a Henry oct barrel black receiver lever action .22 NEW for the going rate. It took almost 4 hours for the BGC to come back so we hit a movie. and just as the credits were scrolling up the screen my phone rang to go pickup the .22.