JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having the damnedest time finding a place that's actually close to shoot here in Salem! I know of a few spots, but it's literally an hour drive or so. I actually was closer to outdoor ranges in Gresham! The cost of fuel plus the cost of ammo means I don't get out nearly as much as I should. Any Salemites want to share their secret spots with me? Pretty please? :D

fuel & ammunition are the reason I operate a small business on the side.
No lie.

Well, I'm gaining some funds for the V8 CL class though, so that won't be too far from now... If I've got to get 15MPG, I might as well have around 300 HP.

Head out to Scott's Mills. Turn onto Crooked Finger Rd. Continue until the road turns to gravel. Go up a few miles, plenty of small pits. One big area 5 miles? up the road on the left. 275 yards or so.

It's busy on the weekends. Keep an eye out for undesirables.
Since I joined ARPC, I haven't been up there to shoot.
Check it out on Google maps.

Well, i had some time, so i went out and checked this out. Not too hard to find. Nice big open area. There were some people there, but everyone was behaving themselves. I brought a rifle, though i wasn't planning to do a lot of shooting.

Took a few shots, was reloading when i looked behind me to see and OSP Trooper talking to one of the other people. After he was done he came over to me. Well, as it turns out, shooting is allowed; if you have basic firefighting equipment with you. Axe, shovel, and water or fire extinguisher. Perhaps something else, i forget what. Oh, and paper targets only.

The Trooper was pretty cool, he saw me packing up and told me it was OK to keep shooting, but just have the stuff next time.

So if you go, be prepared.

It looks to be about 300 yards. It's hard to judge those kinds of distances, but it's a big space.

The problem is few people shoot at those distances. If anyone is there, you may be forced to shoot at much closer distances.

There are plenty of great spots to shoot in the Falls City area. Even a few good spots for long range.

There are but over the years the timber companies have really cracked down and for a while were wanting people arrested for trespassing. That and you always had to keep a look out for some of the locals. Some down right scarry stuff goes on down there. :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top