JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, I took the other fork and went up the hill rather to the pit. Yeah though I found it better to just get a membership at a range rather then look for a new place outdoors.

It really is... I went up to Gooseneck Rd last weekend and had to drive around for an hour. All the shooting spots were in use.

Another area west of Salem is BLM land off Gooseneck Creek Road. Take 22 west. Just after Buell ( before Spirit Mountain) look for Gooseneck Creek road on your left. Take it about 4 miles. A BLM road will be on your left. Plenty of places to shoot. I used to go there. Now I go to Albany Rifle and Pistol Club.
is it pretty legit? looking to just sight in my red dots and shoot under 100 yds.

Seen any rain lately?
Very little did in fact fall on a few days in the last two weeks, but not enough to make any measurable changes of conditions. However at around 4am this morning, I went out to get something from the van, and it was rather cool and humid with condensation on vehicles. This was Albany mind you. Yesterday it was 70 degrees with some spots of misty wet air but certainly not rain filled.

Always been one my whole life. Not going to change for someone who joined Saturday. Anyway, good luck in your search.
It really doesnt bother me, but it was a serious question, I live in Salem and its a pain to go there and its closed, it has rained if you didnt already know, but not heavy downpour, I checked multiple sources but cant find anything regarding the actual area, but thank you for your infinite wisdom.

It really doesnt bother me, but it was a serious question, I live in Salem and its a pain to go there and its closed, it has rained if you didnt already know, but not heavy downpour, I checked multiple sources but cant find anything regarding the actual area, but thank you for your infinite wisdom.
I hear ya, I record any rainfall daily at my work as it can effect flows. It has been a while since anything was written in that column. The ONLY places open for shooting or pretty much anything are ranges or private land. I've worked very hard and have been able to move out of Salem a couple years ago to a place where I have a range in my back piece of land. I sincerely wish you luck in your quest of finding a place to shoot.

I hear ya, I record any rainfall daily at my work as it can effect flows. It has been a while since anything was written in that column. The ONLY places open for shooting or pretty much anything are ranges or private land. I've worked very hard and have been able to move out of Salem a couple years ago to a place where I have a range in my back piece of land. I sincerely wish you luck in your quest of finding a place to shoot.
Yeah ive searched everywhere, looks like im out of luck til the rain starts coming lol, and i am looking to move out of Salem aswell, and thank you brotha, no hard feelings! just getting a little aggravated because almost everything is closed, and the spots that arent, are like 2 hours from me, but ill keep searchin.

If you looking to just sight in your scopes.

Albany pistol and rifle club has hunter sight in days next weekend. $10.00 per rifle and they supply the targets and spotter.
Im going next weekend to sight in 4 different rifles before I pick the one I will be hunting with.

Just found out that Four corners gun club also has the sight in days every weekend in September and its only $6.00 per Man I am glad to see that, thats only about 8 miles from me where the Albany one was more like 50.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top