Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Salem area Gunsmith for Meprolight installation

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by GuyBMeredith, Aug 26, 2015.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

The title pretty much says it all. I'd like to install Smith & Wesson Tru-Dot® Night Sight on my S&W K frame and would like to find a gunsmith in the area with a good reputation. This is fully adjustable rear with red dot front.

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

If Donald is close enough go to Rich's. Its only a short run north of woodburn.
    Lee and his folks do good work.

GuyBMeredith likes this.
  3. GuyBMeredith

Doesn't seem too far to go for good work.

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yeah and Lee is a good strong pro 2nd supporter that actually gets out and into the politicians faces.
    His dad was a gunsmith for half a century at his shop in lake grove. Al was a good guy too :)

5. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

Todd Koonce from Koonce Custom Gunworks in Salem is a reputable Salem area gunsmith. He does fine work and seems to have competitive prices.

taroman and GuyBMeredith like this.
  6. GuyBMeredith

Well, I went to Rich's to see about installing an XS Sight on my M66. They seemed on the ball, checked out the proper sight with a call to XS.

That's the last I've heard from them. I called about two weeks after my visit and the person on the phone did not seem to have the answers. No call back.

I really need contact from the vendor whether the news is good (part just arrived) or so-so (it will be 6 weeks before the manufacturer does another production run on that item).:(

7. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

When you call you cant talk or leave a message. Sent two emails and no reply..... Is he still in business?

8. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

And this is why I have been getting allot more business!

9. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

After doing a quick google search, it looks like Todd is on a holiday hours schedule this week which isn't surprising. Also, he has recent comments on his facebook page so, yes, he is still in business.