JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hope this post may be of interest to any members that are in the Salem, Oregon area. Four Corners Rod & Gun Club of Salem is offering NRA firearms courses. We have several courses left for the remainder of the year. These are as follows:

NRA Basic Rifle Course this weekend, August 6th & 7th. The cost is $40.00 to register. We use .22 LR firearms, no centerfires. Bring your own ammo (50 - 100 rounds), if you need a rifle we can provide one. Open, peep or telescopic sights are fine. Saturday the 6th is classroom, Sunday the 7th is live fire. We do not provide a lunch, so pack one. Coffee & donuts provided. So far I have had no one register for this class, and if I don't get at least two participants, this class will be cancelled.

October brings a NRA Basic Pistol Class on the 1st and 2nd of the month. Cost is $40.00

November we offer another Basic Pistol Class on the 5th & 6th. Cost is $40.00

December we offer a Personal Protection In The Home / Concealed Carry Class on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd, 6:30 - 9:30 PM, the 5th live fire from 8:00 - 11:30 AM. Cost is $50.00 for club members & $80.00 for non-members.

A class schedule for next year is yet to be established, and I will post it here when we have one. If there is any interest at all in a NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course, please let me know as I am trying to get that off the ground as well. I am the current instructor in that discipline.

These classes are offered to raise money for our Education Foundation and is strictly not for profit. We use our money for continuing firearms education, as well as scholarship money and to help with travel expenses for our Colonel Allison Junior Rifle Team.

For more information, please visit our club website, <broken link removed> or e-mail us at [email protected]. If there is interest in the Rifle class this weekend, please PM me before Friday.

Thanks!

Bill Graves

UPDATE: As of 11:15 am on the 5th, there has been only one person that wanted to sign up for this Basic Rifle class. I am therefore cancelling this one class. Later this fall the Foundation will establish next years schedule of classes and I will create another posting at that time. If there is any interest in the remaining pistol classes and the Personal Protection in The Home class, by all means visit our website and let us know if you plan on attending. Keep in mind that Four Corners is also offering their annual sight-in service for the public every weekend of September.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top