JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry for the link, their primary website didn't have the info readily available.
https://facebook.com/story.php?stor...15626&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

See photo:
image.jpg
Link in above photo:

http://act.everytown.org/event/OR_Lobby_Day_attend/1051

Should be an interesting day if we can be there too... :)

Well crap. I wonder if a peaceful counter-gathering of pro-gun, anti-BGC folks would be helpful to have on hand. I guess that would depend on whether people could actually get down there. Another mid-week, early AM gathering is sure to keep folks away.

I wonder if pro-gun groups opposed to such legislation could also participate in the small group meetings with lawmakers?

I won't be able to attend, unfortunately. But if there are people planning on going, I highly encourage you to bring pro 2A women & minority friends. We need to counter the image it is all "old, fat balding white dudes" with guns.

"No fooling" around or MDA will put you in time out because MDA doesn't believe in the psychological damage of spanking.

Lol

You can certainly participate. as long as you keep your mouth shut. The down side is that they will add you to their "polls" showing that 85% (or their percentage du jour) of Oregonians are in favor of UBC. The up side is that we'll get a first hand look at what organized lobbying looks like. There is no reason for us to not take away some of their talking points, methods, and techniques. Any handouts would also be a help to our cause.

Well crap. I wonder if a peaceful counter-gathering of pro-gun, anti-BGC folks would be helpful to have on hand.

It wouldn't hurt, but it would need to be an amount compairable to those that the anti's bring.

I guess that would depend on whether people could actually get down there. Another mid-week, early AM gathering is sure to keep folks away.

They plan the times and dates this way on purpose, because they know that most 2A advocates have jobs and responsibilities and won't be able to attend. I'm sure there will be plenty of "Moms" there, most will be shills on bloomies payroll.

I wonder if pro-gun groups opposed to such legislation could also participate in the small group meetings with lawmakers?

I think we all know the answer to that question.

Ray

This was posted on the OFF Facebook page:

The brain trust over at Ceasefire Oregon sent out an email yesterday. It said :

"Thank Representative Jeff Barker for supporting background checks! Please call and or email Rep. Jeff Barker, chair of the House Judiciary Committee, and thank him for supporting the expected bill to close background check loopholes in Oregon. We
appreciate his recognition of polls that show broad support in Oregon for background checks for nearly all gun sales "

Only one problem, as always, not a word of it is true.

I don't understand what OFF is saying when they say it isn't so. Barker is a Democrat representing Aloha. He is also the Chair of the House Committee on Judiciary.

In any case, here is the House Judiciary Committee membership:
Chair Representative Jeff Barker
Member <broken link removed>
Member Representative Mitch Greenlick
Vice-Chair Representative Andy Olson
Member Representative Bill Post
Member Representative Sherrie Sprenger
Vice-Chair Representative Jennifer Williamso

Write early and write often!

EDIT - EDIT - EDIT
My bad. I just called Congressman Barkers office. His position is definitely against UBC. I was shocked and offered my thanks for his support. They are also a bit ticked off at Ceasefire and don't appreciate the slanderous comments.

Last Edited:
So, what no counter protest?

How about Friday April 3rd at 10:00AM?

Enough time to get up and drive across the state, stay overnight then do stuff over the weekend before heading back home.

Nick that is what I did at the first rally in Salem & I'm from Washington!!!
Let that dismal turnout be a lesson that burns deep down people, we were laughed at by the anti gunners.
I'm willing to bet that more than a few people were afraid that they would be seen attending by their employers and subsequently fired......
Don't let this happen again!!!

Sorry for the link, their primary website didn't have the info readily available.
https://facebook.com/story.php?stor...15626&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

See photo:
View attachment 220155
Link in above photo:

http://act.everytown.org/event/OR_Lobby_Day_attend/1051

Should be an interesting day if we can be there too... :)

Why the hell do the gun grabbers always get a seat at the table whenever laws are considered. Preferential closed door meetings for anti-gun lobbyists & their friends to fast-track bills that affect gun owners MUCH more than it would ever effect them, if at all.

Total corrupt practice of playing favorites to those that want to convert the US (and the world) into a gun free utopia (totalitarian nanny state).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top