JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you make it to a Counter Protest at the Capitol in Salem at 1pm Tuesday 9/25/18?

• Yes

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I drive dump truck for a paving co. From earl April to Mid Nov. the only way I get time off during the season is to have a death in the family etc. and I am talking 6 days a week. SO while I would love to help unless you put some one qualified in my truck or hire me a Gypo at $100 an hour I have to pass any middle of the work day thing.

Never heard of the sponsors.... and work makes it impossible.....trying to get every penny I can right now. Gonna be a hard winter
cash wise.
And..after thinking......
Not to be the ahole, cheesehead here, what is the rally for ? To oppose AWB, when no such firearm exists in most all civilians hands?
That to me sounds counter productive, we fight for years telling them there is no Assault weapons, only to hold our own rally on stopping the banning of them?

Whats the weekafter that protesting the ownership of unicorns?:s0137:

eimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fweknowmemes.com%2Fgenerator%2Fuploads%2Fgenerated%2Fg1393957572894688112.png

Sometimes, It make me wonder if people:s0036: even know what we are fighting for.......

No offense to the OP, I know you are just informing people.:s0127:

Last Edited:
I don't own an assault weapon. I do however own several modern sporting rifles.

Oh and I have a job and really don't think a few snowflakes are going to make an impact on anything.

A Tuesday, in the middle of the day, half-way across the state, and a few days before the end of Q3 would be difficult. As others have alluded to; our side typically has jobs, family, responsibilities, etc. The anti-freedom crew, not as universally so.

I find it truly bizarre that people march in protest to asked to be stripped of their rights and, yet, this event is a thing. The depths of human stupidity is, evidently, limitless.

I drive dump truck for a paving co. From earl April to Mid Nov. the only way I get time off during the season is to have a death in the family etc. and I am talking 6 days a week. SO while I would love to help unless you put some one qualified in my truck or hire me a Gypo at $100 an hour I have to pass any middle of the work day thing.
have you been dumpin dirt at my work, capitol auto group?

And herein lies the problem, we all work and it's sifficult to do something during the week. Depending on when the eldest child goes back to college, I may be able to make it... I'll just switch my vacation day to Tuesday if possible...
well, having a job and working isnt a problem. its the low lifes that decide not to work and get hand outs is the problem. their enablers get their votes and thats a problem.

Man I really hate to say this but I believe in going to hearings and being involved in what happens inside the capital. Outside is good TV ratings for fights, which will be edited with a anti-gun position no matter what happened. The pro gun side still doesn't have a big daddy to pay for bail and lawyers. If something is going on inside the capital I can try to be there.

Here's my take:
No one from "our side" should attend, except perhaps a few to document (I mine for real, no the fake crap) don't give their event numbers, if it is anything like the million mom march & that sort of crap their numbers will be dismal and insignificant. Then plan a PRO-2A and them some numbers. Just a thought.

Man I really hate to say this but I believe in going to hearings and being involved in what happens inside the capital. Outside is good TV ratings for fights, which will be edited with a anti-gun position no matter what happened. The pro gun side still doesn't have a big daddy to pay for bail and lawyers. If something is going on inside the capital I can try to be there.

The antis big daddy also will be taking the protesters around to meet with and lobby legislators that day.

I was just hoping that we could provide a few soundbites to counter the liberal lies which will be televised after the rally.

The antis big daddy also will be taking the protesters around to meet with and lobby legislators that day.

I was just hoping that we could provide a few soundbites to counter the liberal lies which will be televised after the rally.

Exactly. I made the trip to a rally at Salem years ago with @Sgt Nambu, @Taku, @3MTA3 and few showed up, yeah I'm retired but when I was working I took days off to fight this crap.
Battles are not in any way comfortable.

So what's the flip side if no Pro 2A group counter protests?
Will it show that gun owners really don't oppose this POS type of unconstitutional law?

The few I've been to had a pretty good turn out, I thought way better then I've seen the antis do.

Exactly. I made the trip to a rally at Salem years ago with @Sgt Nambu, @Taku, @3MTA3 and few showed up, yeah I'm retired but when I was working I took days off to fight this crap.
Battles are not in any way comfortable.

And that why.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top