JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$850
Manufacturer
Sako
Caliber
7mm Remington Magnum
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Produced 1962-1973, serial numbers 1 thru 90,954... this one is serial number 201xx, so relatively early. I couldn't find a reference that would help date better than that. Bought as a refurb project. The stock was pretty bad but I have repaired and refinished to a very good condition. It's not showroom/collector by any means but pretty darn good. New Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad, action is epoxy bedded and the barrel is free floated. Checkering is very good with some portions with flattened points. The stock is the older style thin profile and wrist before Sako added the palm swell. Barreled action has original bluing at approx. 90%, with some usage marks, rifling is sharp and clean. The barrel is made with Bofors steel. Bottom metal was only about 50% so I buffed it out and refinished with Brownell's Aluma-hyde epoxy ceramic to match action. I have collected and include a vintage original Sako adjustable peep sight and period correct Redfield tapered scope bases to go with the original hooded front sight. Again, not a collector's item but a very good example of a vintage rifle for those who still appreciate a beautiful walnut stock. This item will be posted elsewhere... Apologies for the bad pics. I don't have a camera that does close-ups.

Priced at $850, plus shipping if necessary. Cash works face-to-face, U.S. Postal money order for a shipped rifle. PM me here... I'm in Salem, OR.
P7270016.JPG P7270017.JPG P7270018.JPG P7270019.JPG P7270020.JPG P7270021.JPG P7270022.JPG P7270024.JPG P7270025.JPG P7270026.JPG P7270027.JPG P7270028.JPG P7270029.JPG ...the dark spot next to the recoil lug is a filled gouge in the wood...

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Thank you for all the "likes" gentlemen!! Somebody needs this rifle for the upcoming hunting season! Buy it and get yourself ready to hunt!!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.